Conditions for a shop license from the municipality and the required documents 2021, as this store needs a license from the local authorities in order for the store to be legal, so we were recently questioned by the municipality about the terms of the store’s license, so I invite you to learn more on the Egypt Brief website.
Conditions for a shop license from the municipality and the required papers
There are several conditions that must be met to obtain a store license from the municipality, called the store license requirements.
- The first of these conditions is that the shop owner, tenant, or investor must clarify the type of activity that the store carries out.
- The second condition for obtaining a municipality store license is to allow the store owner to engage in commercial activity and not to impose any prior penalties.
- Include the store name, street name, neighborhood name, and domain name on the whole place plan.
- The shop that carries out the activity must be built with salt, a building permit is issued and the completion documents photocopied after the completion of the construction.
- There must be documents proving that the shop is rented by another person or there must be evidence of ownership of the shop for those who request the license.
- After that, all of this is attached to the competent authority to review all papers, knowing that all papers must be in order, otherwise the owner will be exposed to a legal problem.
The papers required to obtain a shop license from the municipality 2021
There are several necessary documents as follows.
- The identity card of the shop owner must be photographed, and this is the first document to be presented.
- The commercial registry and the building permit for the shop must be photocopied in more than one copy and attached to the required documents with the original.
- After the construction is completed, a certificate called the construction completion document is issued, and more than one original photograph is attached.
- If the person is a tenant, two copies of the shop’s lease contract are added, but the contract must be licensed and enforceable for a period of not less than six months.
- Photocopy the banner or advertisement and attach it to the required documents.
- The person who wants to obtain a work permit from the municipality must make two copies of the title deed and attach them as part of the necessary attachments.
- A schematic diagram of the place or shop made from the outside and attached with the necessary documents.
- Security cameras must be photographed in the field, and these photos printed and attached to the required documents.
- The store must conclude a contract with a waste company, copy the contract between the store and the company, copy this contract and attach it to the documents to be submitted.
- A copy of the legal electronic institution is printed and must be electronic, otherwise it will not be accepted.
Final procedures for obtaining a shop license
- The authority sends a letter to the shop owner, and the letter contains the amount due and how to pay it.
- Next comes the role of the Licensing Management Officer, who ensures that the owner pays the amount due.
- After that, the head of the licensing department approves and approves the applicant submitted by the shop owner.
- After that, the municipal services official reviews the student again, and if the request is correct, the student is referred to the mayor in turn.
- The mayor reviews the entire content of the application and approves it if everything is correct.
- It is the duty of the licensing officer who creates and prints the license, and delivery to the customer is complete.
Ways to obtain a license
A person can obtain a license in two ways:
- The first method is to request reinstatement of the license by mail.
- The second way to obtain a license is to go to the relevant authority and obtain a license from there.
Cancel the shop license
- There are several terms and conditions in which the store’s license is denied.
- The first of these cases is the notification of the approved center that the person authorized to license is no longer in the store or is no longer working for it.
- The second case is the removal of the shop and the setting up of spaces or closing the shop for any reason, or stopping the activity offered from the shop.
- The third case concerns the closing of the shop: The shop may not be closed for more than two years, otherwise a copy of it will not be received.
- The following case is related to the activity provided by the commercial store: If the commercial activity of the store is changed without notifying the competent authorities, the license will be suspended.
- The next situation is if the activity is changed to another activity and violates the instructions established for managing the store.
- The last case is that the store closed repeatedly for the same reasons or a decision was made to shut down the store permanently.
Punishment for not obtaining a shop license
- There are many penalties imposed by the Egyptian government for failing to obtain a commercial license.
- If an unlicensed business is opened, the person will be referred for investigation and then sentenced to imprisonment for at least six months and one year at most.
- Imprisonment is not alone, but the shopkeeper is punished with a fine of not less than five thousand pounds and not more than twenty thousand pounds.
- After making sure that the shop is not licensed or licensed to operate from the neighborhoods, the government agencies will close the shop and take legal measures against the owner of the shop.
- However, if the shopkeeper is executed and wants to obtain a license to shop and walk legally, government agencies help him.
The documents required to obtain a shop license
There are also documents other than the ones mentioned above that are indispensable in creating a local store license, and they are as follows:
- Bring the representative’s original national ID, attached with the required documents.
- Head to the Chamber of Commerce and create an online authorization from there.
- If the owner of the shop is not Egyptian, then he must bring the original investment license in one copy only.
- Bring a copy of the license if the shop is subject to any government agency or interest.
Procedures for establishing a shop license
There are many procedures that must be undertaken by some different parties, and each individual has a specific role in this process:
- There is a portal on the Internet called Unified claims portal The store owner orders online.
- Then comes the role of the licensing officer, who then reviews the application submitted electronically and transfers it to the competent authority, the General Authority for Supervision.
- After that comes the role of the supervisory supervisor, and his role is to appoint a supervisor for the shop and set a date for his visit to the shop to inspect the site.
- The next role is that of the observer: the auditor goes to the shop at the appointed time, checks all documents related to the shop, examines the site, and submits a report to the supervisory authority.
- Next comes the role of the licensing department employee who reviews the auditor’s report and passes it to the head of the licensing department.
Source: موجز مصر by www.mogazmasr.com.
*The article has been translated based on the content of موجز مصر by www.mogazmasr.com. If there is any problem regarding the content, copyright, please leave a report below the article. We will try to process as quickly as possible to protect the rights of the author. Thank you very much!
*We just want readers to access information more quickly and easily with other multilingual content, instead of information only available in a certain language.
*We always respect the copyright of the content of the author and always include the original link of the source article.If the author disagrees, just leave the report below the article, the article will be edited or deleted at the request of the author. Thanks very much! Best regards!