The Museum of Contemporary Art in Belgrade, in cooperation with the Association of Architects of Serbia, is announcing a public open one-stage architectural competition for the conceptual design of the pavilion of the Museum of Contemporary Art in Belgrade, with the expansion of the museum’s warehouse capacity.
Subject The competition is an architectural and urban solution for the construction (supplementation and expansion) of the existing capacities of the Museum of Contemporary Art in Belgrade (MSU). The complex of the Museum of Contemporary Art includes an area limited by the cadastral parcel kp 1045/1 Ko Novi Beograd, within the Friendship Park in Ušće. The building of the Museum of Contemporary Art is a cultural monument, and the border of the protected environment is defined by the border of the cadastral parcel on which the Museum building is located.
Reason for announcing the competition is the lack of space to accommodate the various contents of the museum. In the original project and its terms of reference – commercial and catering facilities (shop, cafe, restaurant, etc.) were not foreseen, given the time in which it was created. Within the museum building itself, there were rooms for storing museum equipment, but today such service, secondary spaces place their place in the growing need to increase the museum’s depot. In this sense, we recognize two groups of content, as a necessary complement to museum spaces:
- Space of service-commercial and catering facilities, which will be at the service of visitors to the Museum as a place for rest and respite, with the possibility of multifunctional use for the needs of the museum as well as for commercial exclusive use by third parties. All of the above is almost the basic offer of many museums, but with the last reconstruction it remained unresolved, given the above-mentioned deficit of space.
- Museum storage and storage space is extremely deficient in the daily functioning of the museum, and it is necessary to create enough additional space for accommodation and storage of various raw materials as well as exhibition equipment and objects of the museum itself, which is now stored in remote locations.
The goal of the competition is to, in accordance with the competition task, program requirements, architectural significance of the museum building and the potential of the location, choose the highest quality architectural and urban solution for construction – expansion of the Museum of Contemporary Art, which corresponds to the environment and is adapted to the ambience.
The selected solutions will be presented basis for the preparation of project documentation for the needs of further realization of the documentation, and the realization of the given contents.
- arch. Milos Komlenic, Assistant Professor at the Faculty of Architecture in Belgrade, representative of the contractor
- art historian Marijana Kolarić, director of the Museum of Contemporary Art in Belgrade, representative of the client
- Prof. Dr. Dubravka Đukanović, architect, director of the Republic Institute for the Protection of Cultural Monuments and associate professor of the Academy of Arts of the University of Novi Sad, representative of the client
- dr arh. Milorad Mladenović, full professor at the Faculty of Architecture in Belgrade, representative of the contractor
- arch. Nada Jelic, a representative of the implementer
- dr Jelena Bogosavljevic, architect, assistant at the Faculty of Architecture in Belgrade, representative of the contractor
Competition Secretariat: Association of Architects of Serbia
- Beginning of the competition deadline / date of advertising – 16.07.2021.
- Participants can ask questions about the competition until – 12.08.2021.
- The deadline for submission of competition works is – 09.09.2021.
- First prize: 800,000.00 dinars
- Second prize: 400,000.00 dinars
- Third prize: 200,000.00 dinars
You can find all the necessary information at the following link: konkurs-msu.rs
Source: Gradnja by www.gradnja.rs.
*The article has been translated based on the content of Gradnja by www.gradnja.rs. If there is any problem regarding the content, copyright, please leave a report below the article. We will try to process as quickly as possible to protect the rights of the author. Thank you very much!
*We just want readers to access information more quickly and easily with other multilingual content, instead of information only available in a certain language.
*We always respect the copyright of the content of the author and always include the original link of the source article.If the author disagrees, just leave the report below the article, the article will be edited or deleted at the request of the author. Thanks very much! Best regards!