What does a typical Fruska Gora holiday house look like in the 21st century? Submit your solutions by November 1st.
The Municipality of Irig, in cooperation with the Association of Architects of Novi Sad (DaNS), organizes international, open, project, one-stage, anonymous competition for a typical Fruška Gora holiday house in the municipality of Irig, ie in the zone of Nova Banja in Vrdnik.
Return home for the weekend
Life in the city has its advantages, but in this area there is a tradition of occasional stay in nature or rural settlements, in the so-called weekend houses. It seems that this trend is conquering again, after a long series of years, the demand for holiday homes has increased. Unfortunately, this can lead to uncontrolled and undirected construction, which endangers the ambient value and devalues the idea of rest and relaxation.
The landscape of Fruška Gora has numerous benefits and development potentials, primarily thanks to its position between the two urban areas of Belgrade and Novi Sad, the beauty of nature and the importance of cultural and historical monuments. With good reason, a part of that area was declared a national park.
The catalog offer of selected standard projects would prevent the devastation of the ambience of Fruška gora.
Planned, the area is primarily seen for the protection and improvement of natural and monumental values, traffic and infrastructure connections and equipment. The quality of the land and the climatic conditions of the climate at this location have been recognized in terms of further improvement of agricultural production, especially fruit growing and viticulture.
All this gives the opportunity for the development of tourist activities, starting from recreational trails in nature, visits to cultural and historical monuments, increasingly popular wine tours as well as combinations of all these qualities in a unique itinerary. Zones for the development of tourist activities do not refer only to the hotel accommodation capacities, but also to the zones planned for the construction of holiday homes.
Typical houses for an ambience blended into the landscape
In order to prevent the devastation of the ambience by random choice and inappropriate architectural expression, the idea of improving the space through catalog offer of selected standard projects, harmonized with the planning regulations but also with the modern requirements of the users, taking into account and on the economic and environmental factor. The choice and combination of the offered solutions will create an ambience of harmonized forms, visually attractive and appealing, blended into the landscape.
Three types of houses
The task of the competition is to create a functionally and aesthetically high-quality offer of conceptual solutions for holiday homes in the specific ambience of Fruška Gora and includes 3 different types of facilities:
- Tip 1 – holiday house for one owner (family, individual) maximum BRGP 100 m2, not including the basement.
- Tip 2 – residential villa maximum BRGP 150 m2, not including the basement. In this type, consider variations that involve the use of a house by one owner (family, individual), to the possibility of developing a separate part of the building, one that would serve as accommodation capacity for tourism purposes. (apartment for rent, house sharing, etc.)
- Tip 3 – residential villa maximum BRGP from 200 to 300 m2, not including the basement. This type of building should imply a high luxury standard of the building, which should primarily be reflected in increased comfort and quality of space, not necessarily in the use of expensive materials and aesthetic expression. In this type, consider variations that involve the use of the house by one owner (family, individual), to the possibility of developing special parts of the building, a maximum of 3, which would serve as accommodation capacity for tourism purposes. (apartments for rent, house sharing, etc.)
Participants must submit solutions for a minimum of two or a maximum of 3 house types. It is possible for the authors to submit a competitive solution for 2 or 3 types of houses that have been developed according to the same program, functional and aesthetic concept. Each type is submitted as a separate competition solution.
What objects need to fulfill
Buildings should meet a high standard of internal space organization, quality of construction and application of materials and aesthetic design moment. The basis is the planned urban parameters for holiday homes and residential villas. Also, objects should be economically affordable, energy efficient, quality, durable, and above all pleasant to stay in a natural environment.
Architectural design is crucial, because it is equally important in the offer and choice likeability of the solution, possibility of transformation and variation, a clear modern expression that meets the needs of users, but at the same time clearly indicates the traditional postulates related to climate and style. The implementation of energy sustainable ideas both in the organization of space and in various technological solutions will be especially evaluated.
Considering that these are typical houses that are designed without knowledge of the specifics of the terrain, basement or basement floor, in an arbitrary way for the terrain in decline, all according to the building rules given in PPO Irig.
Catalog offer as a goal of the competition
The selected competition solutions will be given the opportunity to be developed and implemented. It will be a catalog offer for everyone who wants to build in this zone, a stimulus to contribute to the preservation and improvement of the ambience and its visual value through the selection of a quality solution.
In addition, all solutions will be promoted on the local government website, professional portals and social networks as an example of good practice, with the aim of improving existing ways of building, supply and expectations.
- Start of the competition deadline: 15.9.2021.
- Contestants can ask questions to the jury until 25.10.2021.
- The deadline for submitting competition works is 1.11.2021. do 15:00h can Public Procurement Portal
- Announcement of competition results: 6.11.2021.
If a minimum of 3 works for each type of house arrives within the prescribed period, the jury may award the following prizes in the net amount:
- For house type 1: 200.000 dinars
- For house type 2: 200.000 dinars
- For house type 3: 200.000 dinars
- Maximum 2 purchases, depending on the quality of works: 45.000 dinars
- Miljan Cvijetic, B.Sc.Arch., President of the Jury, Society of Architects of Novi Sad
- Vladimir Pihler, M.Sc., B.Sc., member of the Jury, PE Institute for Urbanism of Vojvodina
- Oliver Ognjenović, member of the Jury, Municipality of Irig
You can download the competition documentation at Public Procurement portal.
Source: Gradnja by www.gradnja.rs.
*The article has been translated based on the content of Gradnja by www.gradnja.rs. If there is any problem regarding the content, copyright, please leave a report below the article. We will try to process as quickly as possible to protect the rights of the author. Thank you very much!
*We just want readers to access information more quickly and easily with other multilingual content, instead of information only available in a certain language.
*We always respect the copyright of the content of the author and always include the original link of the source article.If the author disagrees, just leave the report below the article, the article will be edited or deleted at the request of the author. Thanks very much! Best regards!