Clash over stove fumes, death of youth due to beating by neighbour

Recovered body (Image: Right)

A man named Alamgir Khandkar (43) was beaten to death by a neighbor over a dispute over access to a washroom created by a stove in Atrai, Naogaon.

The incident took place at Bajrapur village of the upazila on Tuesday (November 22) around 9:30 am. The deceased Alamgir is the son of Altaf Khandkar of Bajrapur village.

It is known that at around 9:30 am on Tuesday morning, both sides got involved in a fight with Akhtar, the son of Abdul Jabbar, who was talking about the smoke generated by the stove.

At one stage of the fight, Alamgir was hit on the back of the head by Gar, and he fell to the ground on the spot.

Locals rescued him unconscious and took him to Atrai Upazila Health Complex, where the doctor on duty declared him dead.

In this regard, Atrai police station OC (Investigation) said. Lutfar Rahman said, I visited the scene immediately after receiving the news. Police patrolling has been intensified at the scene. Alamgir died in a fight over a stove smoke. The body has been sent to the morgue for post-mortem. Legal process is ongoing in this regard.


Source: ODHIKAR by www.odhikar.news.

*The article has been translated based on the content of ODHIKAR by www.odhikar.news. If there is any problem regarding the content, copyright, please leave a report below the article. We will try to process as quickly as possible to protect the rights of the author. Thank you very much!

*We just want readers to access information more quickly and easily with other multilingual content, instead of information only available in a certain language.

*We always respect the copyright of the content of the author and always include the original link of the source article.If the author disagrees, just leave the report below the article, the article will be edited or deleted at the request of the author. Thanks very much! Best regards!