Suara.com – The final match of the Euro 2020 title will bring together the two favorite teams Italy and England. Interesting to listen to interesting facts ahead of the Italy vs England duel in the final.
On paper, England is quite advantaged because it holds the status of ‘host’. The Three Lions will serve the Gli Azzurri troops in the Euro 2020 Final at Wembley Stadium, Monday (12/7/2021) early in the morning.
England’s gait is also not through an easy way to reach the final. Although both England and Italy both recorded an unbeaten record while appearing in the group stage.
Here are some interesting facts ahead of the Italy vs England duel in the final of Euro 2020 as compiled from BBC Sport:
Also Read: Italy vs England Prediction in Euro 2020 Final and 4 Latest Football News Berita
England have won just two of their last 14 meetings with Italy in all competitions. Won 2-0 in June 1997 and 2-1 in August 2013 – both in friendlies.
- Italy have never lost against England in a major tournament, winning 1-0 at Euro 1980, 2-1 at the 1990 and 2014 World Cups, and drawing 0-0 before winning on penalties at Euro 2012.
This is Italy’s 10th major tournament final with only Germany (14) playing more among European nations. Italy won the European Championship in 1968, but lost their next two appearances in the competition (2000 and 2012).
- Italy’s Roberto Mancini will become only the second manager to win an English premier league title and lead a European nation to a major tournament final. Sir Alf Ramsey won the old First Division title with Ipswich in 1962 and the 1966 World Cup with England.
- Italy have had 12 shots and scored three goals as a result of a high turnover (open play starting 40 meters or less from the opponent’s goal line) at Euro 2020, more than any other team.
- England are the 13th different country to appear in the European Championship final. Only three of the previous 12 nations lost in their first final in the competition.
England have won 15 of their last 17 matches at Wembley in all competitions (D1 L1), scoring 46 goals and conceding just five in a row.
- England’s 2-1 win over Denmark in the semifinals was their eighth win in a major tournament game under Gareth Southgate, bringing him level with Ramsey for the most wins shared by an English manager in two competitions.
- Harry Kane has been directly involved in 28 goals in his last 27 appearances for England in all competitions (19 goals, 9 assists). One more goal would see him become England’s top scorer at a major tournament with 11 goals – a record he currently shares with 10 goals with Gary Lineker.
Source: Suara.com – Kumpulan Berita Bola Terkini Seputar Sepak Bola Terbaru by www.suara.com.
*The article has been translated based on the content of Suara.com – Kumpulan Berita Bola Terkini Seputar Sepak Bola Terbaru by www.suara.com. If there is any problem regarding the content, copyright, please leave a report below the article. We will try to process as quickly as possible to protect the rights of the author. Thank you very much!
*We just want readers to access information more quickly and easily with other multilingual content, instead of information only available in a certain language.
*We always respect the copyright of the content of the author and always include the original link of the source article.If the author disagrees, just leave the report below the article, the article will be edited or deleted at the request of the author. Thanks very much! Best regards!