Patch 1.1, the January update, the first big set of fixes, has just hit the players. The game’s ratings are improving and the game should return to the Sony store by the end of this quarter, experts believe.
The update is to improve performance and optimize the game, especially on consoles. The next set of fixes is due in February.
– I believe that thanks to the announced patches, the ratings of “Cyberpunk” will improve and will allow him to return to the Sony store by the end of the first quarter of 2021, and the sale of console versions will also return. In addition, factors such as the building base of new-generation consoles, additional content in the form of both free and paid DLCs for the game and the “CP2077” version for next-genes will have an impact on the fact that the demand will shift to 2021 – believes Krzysztof Tkocz. DM BDM analyst. In his opinion, sales of Reds’ production can remain at a high level for years.
As a reminder, Sony has removed the digital version of “Cyberpunk” from sale from PlayStation Store until further notice, and Microsoft has simplified the return policy.
Only now, when emotions have started to subside, opinions are emerging that “Cyberpunk 2077” is a game with an excellent plot, countless flavors and great potential for further development.
– So it’s hard to say who was the real source of negative opinions about the game and whether they were players who spent almost 45 hours on average (according to the information from the Steam Database website) – comments Jarosław Zeisner from BTC Studios. He adds that we do not know CD Projekt’s exact plans for “Cyberpunk”, but today we can see the potential of this title and various directions in which it can be further developed.
– If only the studio efficiently deals with the existing bugs, we can suspect that the real “Cyberpunk craze” is still ahead of us – says Zeisner.
History shows that errors in large AAA titles are not just the domain of CD Projekt. And if you stick to this company, it is worth remembering its biggest hit: “The Witcher 3”, which on the day of its premiere was not a perfect game either.
– It happened that the characters in the game sometimes moved like in the Ministry of Stupid Steps or horses walked in the air. The errors have been corrected and the number of copies sold by the end of 2019 exceeded 28 million – emphasizes Piotr Żółkiewicz, fund manager of Zolkiewicz & Partners Inwestycji walu FIZ. There are also other cases of games in the world that have disappointed players and at the same time have sold millions of copies. An example is the game “Battlefield V”, which was released in September 2018, disappointed many players. On the Metacritic page, the “User Score” for the game is just 2.9 on a ten-point scale. Despite this, sales in the fourth quarter of 2018 amounted to as much as 7.3 million copies.
Mistakes in “Cyberpunk” are one thing. However, our interlocutors point to another important issue: the product is not the game that the company promised.
– It is sad that the physics or intelligence of non-key characters and enemies in the game are virtually non-existent, and most dialogue options have little or no effect on the game flow. They are mocking the players – evaluates Żółkiewicz. And he reminds that for years there have been voices in CD Projekt regarding, among others, working conditions and overtime.
– From the managerial point of view, CD Projekt is certainly a much worse managed company than many foreign companies on my radar – summarizes the expert.
Probably no premiere in the history of the gaming market has evoked as much emotions as CD Projekt’s “Cyberpunk 2077”. On the one hand, amazing sales for PC. On the other hand – errors in the console versions, class action suits on behalf of investors in the US and a drastic drop in the valuation of shares on the stock exchange.
Source: https://www.rp.pl by www.rp.pl.
*The article has been translated based on the content of https://www.rp.pl by www.rp.pl. If there is any problem regarding the content, copyright, please leave a report below the article. We will try to process as quickly as possible to protect the rights of the author. Thank you very much!
*We just want readers to access information more quickly and easily with other multilingual content, instead of information only available in a certain language.
*We always respect the copyright of the content of the author and always include the original link of the source article.If the author disagrees, just leave the report below the article, the article will be edited or deleted at the request of the author. Thanks very much! Best regards!