Sandro Cavazza was born in 1992 in Stockholm.
He can be heard on the Avicii songs “Without you”, “Sunset Jesus” and on the Kygo hit “Happy now”.
Cavazza is also a songwriter, and has written songs for Avicii and Norlie & KKV, among others.
In 2019, he was awarded P3 Gold in the category artist of the future. As a solo artist, Sandro Cavazza has released songs such as “High with somebody”, “Used to”, Enemy “and most recently” The days “.
Now he is up to date with a concert at Cirkus in Stockholm on April 13.
One last concert – then Sandro Cavazza says hello to his artist career. The reason is that the press and touring life affect his mental health too much.
– I will not hide under a chair that this has absolutely given me anxiety, it is not something I want left in my life, he says.
The 29-year-old compares the decision to when he once jumped from a cliff on the West Coast, 16 meters from the water surface (minus the detail that he broke his back that time). It may sound uncomfortable, but Cavazza highlights the importance of daring to throw yourself out.
– It’s the same feeling, I have to do this and I do not know what will happen. You just have to let go.
It was the work of Tim “Avicii” Bergling that led to Sandro Cavazza’s big breakthrough. Their most popular collaboration “Without you” from 2017 today has almost 800 million gigs on Spotify. Since then, Cavazza has had an artist career on his own, including the hit song “High with somebody”.
It was also through his friendship with Avicii that Sandro Cavazza learned his first important lesson in the music industry. Avicii was at the height of his career, but still talked about quitting the tour.
– There were many forces that were like this “why should you stop?”, They did not understand. But we tried to help him and said “do as you please, you do not have to do anything”.
Influenced by Avicii’s anguish, he called his own publisher.
– I said “I have seen how this can happen, that people can feel very bad. I will not be able to do anything for this industry, I have to do what works for me”, says Sandro Cavazza.
“Will cry rivers”
So far, he says he has no regrets about his career, except that he did not stop a little earlier. But the decision to quit as an artist affects more than oneself.
– It is a train you have to stop, which weighs a little more than in other industries. There are many collaborations where you have to say “okay, just so you know I feel like this now”.
TT: How do you think the industry is doing now?
– It could have been better, but since Tim (Avicii) died, some things have actually happened. People have understood that it is not an eternity machine.
For him, it is important to talk about mental illness – he prefers that it should be as natural to seek help for his condition as to go to the dentist.
– Everything else would be strange, with my story with friends who have passed away in mental illness, he says.
After all, he is now looking forward to his last gig, on April 13 at Cirkus in Stockholm.
– It is a difficult preparation, but I also see the joy I will get. It would feel boring to leave without saying hello then and thank my fans. It will be so sentimental, I will cry rivers.
Going forward, Sandro Cavazza will focus on writing music for others – and catching up on everything he has not had time for during the hectic artist years. Like sailing to Norway, hiking the Kungsleden, and taking care of their newly acquired hens.
– I’m a pretend farmer in the pretend land! Not far enough from town for it to be for real, but it’s such a calm, he says.
Source: nyheter24.se by nyheter24.se.
*The article has been translated based on the content of nyheter24.se by nyheter24.se. If there is any problem regarding the content, copyright, please leave a report below the article. We will try to process as quickly as possible to protect the rights of the author. Thank you very much!
*We just want readers to access information more quickly and easily with other multilingual content, instead of information only available in a certain language.
*We always respect the copyright of the content of the author and always include the original link of the source article.If the author disagrees, just leave the report below the article, the article will be edited or deleted at the request of the author. Thanks very much! Best regards!