Bronze statue at Popyeong Historic Site A sad story of the family of a security guard… Neighborhood ‘Sea of ​​Tears’

Buildings related to Kim Il-sung’s historical site in the border area of ​​North Korea’s Ryanggang Province. /Photo = Daily NK

It is reported that the tragic incident of the family of a security guard member at the Revolutionary Historic Site of Kim Hyeong-jik-gun in Ryanggang Province, which took place amid North Korea’s capture of all Chinese mobile phone users in the border area, has been reported to have caused sorrow.

A source from Yanggang Province told Daily NK on the 23rd, “Ahead of the death of the leader (Kim Il-sung) (July 8), the 41-year-old Kim, a 41-year-old security guard at the Popyeong Historic Site, entered the training camp using a Chinese cell phone (mobile phone). He worked hard to take care of the children and was late to the frostbite guard, and eventually his wife died and it was a pity for the people around him.” He said, “As my wife’s death was delayed in relation to the date of her death, the whole neighborhood became a sea of ​​tears.”

According to a source, Kim’s wife was punished by a labor training camp in May for using a Chinese mobile phone to receive money from defectors. Previously, he surrendered after being tempted by the Security Agency, saying, “If the user surrenders a Chinese cell phone (mobile phone), I will spare them.” It is known that the labor training camp was punished.

As a result, Mr. Kim is said to have gone through all sorts of hardships, such as taking care of his wife, who has tuberculosis, and taking care of the children at home. Kim visited every day to check the health of his wife, who was suffering from hard labor at the training camp, but one day, she was late for the shift work of the sentry guard for frostbite, and a problem arose.

The source said, “My husband Kim knew that his wife was not nutritious and could get worse if she didn’t eat well, so she packed food every day and went to the training camp. done,” he said.

Mr. Kim had already told the Party Committee on Historic Sites, “My sick wife still has to endure four more months at the training camp, so please allow me to take care of her in the meantime.” According to a source, he begged for forgiveness, but the party committee did not listen to it, but instead poured out accusations and swear words.

While Mr. Kim was being questioned, his wife, who struggled with the disease and suffered from hard labor, eventually died at the training camp. It was reported that the death of his wife was on the 6th, so the funeral had to be made on the 8th, but because that day was the date of mourning for Kim Il-sung’s death, it was reported that he had to wait an extra day and did the funeral on the 9th.

A source said, “After seeing Kim crying while holding her child after his wife died at the training camp, the villagers all shed tears together without saying a word. Furthermore, along the border, residents have no choice but to live by smuggling or transferring money through phone calls. But now, many people are being caught because of it,” he said.

Source: DailyNK by

*The article has been translated based on the content of DailyNK by If there is any problem regarding the content, copyright, please leave a report below the article. We will try to process as quickly as possible to protect the rights of the author. Thank you very much!

*We just want readers to access information more quickly and easily with other multilingual content, instead of information only available in a certain language.

*We always respect the copyright of the content of the author and always include the original link of the source article.If the author disagrees, just leave the report below the article, the article will be edited or deleted at the request of the author. Thanks very much! Best regards!