* 334 new cases of COVID-19 and four deaths were reported in Lithuania on Saturday. About 168 new cases and five more deaths were announced on Sunday. According to Sunday data, the rate of new diseases in the last 14 days is 100 thousand. population reaches 199.5 cases.
* Almost 54.4 thousand have been vaccinated with the first or second dose in the last two days. people. 39.6% have received at least one coronavirus vaccine. population of the country.
* Following a remote meeting with Russian leader Vladimir Putin, Argentine President Albert Fernandez has announced that the South American country will begin production of a Russian vaccine against the Sputnik V coronavirus.
* Chinese officials have allowed children aged 3 to 17 to be vaccinated with CoronaVac.
Situation on the Belarusian border
* President Gitanas Nausėda states that the situation on the Lithuanian-Belarusian border, where the flow of illegal migrants has significantly increased recently, is worrying, and a meeting of the State Defense Council is planned to discuss the situation.
* On Saturday night, border guards from the Kapčiamiestis firewall in Lazdijai district detained 20 illegal migrants who violated the Belarusian border, and on Sunday – three more illegal migrants.
* Border guards are patrolling the border with Belarus to control the flow of people crossing the border illegally, with several dozen members of the Riflemen’s Union this weekend.
Declaration of Green Lithuania. President Gitanas Nausėda, Vice-President of the European Commission Frans Timmermans, European Commissioner Virginijus Sinkevičius, representatives of business and public organizations on Saturday signed the “Green Lithuania” declaration, which commits to contributing to Lithuania’s greening, combating climate change and creating a cleaner and healthier environment.
Freedom Party Congress. Minister of Economy and Innovation Aušrinė Armonaitė was re-elected as the chairman of the Freedom Party belonging to the ruling coalition on Saturday.
Income tax initiatives. The G7 countries signed an agreement on a minimum income tax rate on Saturday. The finance ministers of these countries have pledged to set a global corporate tax rate of at least 15 percent.
Statement by the Head of NATO. Russia-Belarus cooperation has recently been a major concern for NATO, Alliance Secretary General Jens Stoltenberg told the German weekly Welt am Sonntag.
US support for allies in Europe. The United States will support its allies in Europe with Russia, President Joe Biden has promised to meet with Russian leader Vladimir Putin this month.
Attack on Burkina Faso. Burkina Faso has killed about 100 civilians in the bloodiest attack since 2015, security sources and local officials said on Saturday.
The massacre in China. A man armed with a knife in eastern China killed six people and injured 14 others on Saturday. The suspect has been arrested, investigators are explaining the circumstances of the attack.
Source: 15min.lt – suprasti akimirksniu | RSS by www.15min.lt.
*The article has been translated based on the content of 15min.lt – suprasti akimirksniu | RSS by www.15min.lt. If there is any problem regarding the content, copyright, please leave a report below the article. We will try to process as quickly as possible to protect the rights of the author. Thank you very much!
*We just want readers to access information more quickly and easily with other multilingual content, instead of information only available in a certain language.
*We always respect the copyright of the content of the author and always include the original link of the source article.If the author disagrees, just leave the report below the article, the article will be edited or deleted at the request of the author. Thanks very much! Best regards!