Corruption investigation. Special investigation service officials arrested Samoil Kac, owner of the gambling and betting company Tete-a-tete. One of the leaders of the National Gambling and Gaming Business Association has been charged with bribery and trading in influence.
* 155 new cases of COVID-19 were identified, three people died. The rate of new diseases in 14 days is 100 thousand. population has reached 143 – Lithuania has entered the so-called C1 zone, which is in the middle of seven epidemiological scenarios. Almost 24.6 thousand people were vaccinated last day. people, 8807 of them – the first dose.
* According to the latest data, half and more people have already been vaccinated in six Lithuanian municipalities. The Ministry of Health is concerned about the slowdown in vaccination rates, with people being reluctant to register for vaccinations. “Those who wanted to get the vaccine have received it, now the hardest part is waiting – to convince those who are hesitant,” said Lukas Galkus, Chief Specialist of the Ministry’s Electronic Health System and Information Resources Division.
* Another case of the Brazilian mutation of COVID-19 detected in Anykščiai and elsewhere, as well as another 222 cases of the British strain were detected in Lithuania.
* In Russia, the highest number of new cases of coronavirus COVID-19 infection since the end of February was 11,699.
* Germany will refuse a warning not to go to most countries from July. Countries with a rate of 100,000 new infections in the last 14 days will no longer be at risk. people will not reach 200.
Border with Belarus. At the border with Belarus, Lithuanian border guards detained another 32 illegal migrants, the total number of which exceeded 300 this year. euros.
Ministry forecasts. The Lithuanian economy is expected to grow by 4.1 percent this year, the Ministry of Finance forecasts. In March, 2.6 percent is forecast for this year. According to the ministry, next year Lithuania’s GDP should grow by 4.4 percent, and in 2023-2024, economic growth will slow to about 3.5 percent.
Search for a colleague of Navalno. In Russia, the search for Ivan Zhdanov, director of the Anti-Corruption Fund founded by imprisoned Kremlin critic Alexei Navaln and living in Lithuania, has been announced. Zhdanov, 32, said he didn’t know why his name was on that list, but it was probably related to “dozens of criminal cases” against him.
The Great Seven. For the first time in almost two years, the leaders of the G7 countries met live. The agenda of the meeting includes an agreement on donating one million doses of COVID-19 vaccine to poor countries. Earlier on the initiative to buy and donate 500 mln. vaccines were announced by United States President Joe Biden. Leaders will also discuss how to help end the pandemic and focus the economic recovery on the climate.
Britain and the United States. The first live meeting of the Prime Minister of the United Kingdom Boris Johnson with Biden took place. The Prime Minister of the United Kingdom praised the “indestructible” relations between Britain and America and said that a couple of dozen issues were discussed, including the disturbances caused by Brexit in Northern Ireland.
Situation in Ethiopia. In the conflict-stricken region of Tigris in Ethiopia, over 30,000 children are at risk of starvation, the United Nations said. Difficult access to some areas of the region hinders the organisation’s resolution of the crisis.
Censorship in Hong Kong. It is reported that in Hong Kong, all films will be judged from the perspective of a threat to national security. This message has raised concerns that strict censorship of films, typical of the rest of China, will take effect in the semi-autonomous region.
Source: 15min.lt – suprasti akimirksniu | RSS by www.15min.lt.
*The article has been translated based on the content of 15min.lt – suprasti akimirksniu | RSS by www.15min.lt. If there is any problem regarding the content, copyright, please leave a report below the article. We will try to process as quickly as possible to protect the rights of the author. Thank you very much!
*We just want readers to access information more quickly and easily with other multilingual content, instead of information only available in a certain language.
*We always respect the copyright of the content of the author and always include the original link of the source article.If the author disagrees, just leave the report below the article, the article will be edited or deleted at the request of the author. Thanks very much! Best regards!