Confucius he was one of the most influential philosophers in history. Born in 551 BC in the Zou district, he was born into a family of landowners, although his father died when he was just a child, and he was left in poverty. He received his education in schools for commoners, where he trained in the Six Arts: calligraphy, mathematics, conduction, music, rituals and archery.
He worked during his youth in the administration of the state of Lu, and ended up being Justice minister. He was determined to eradicate crime and wanted to create a centralized government. What he sought was to eradicate the government that was organized around the power of three families, which led to collaborating with different leaders of the time. However, he did not achieve his goal, and was sentenced to exile in 497 BC.
One time exiled from China, he dedicated himself to traveling and teaching his disciples. It went against traditional customs and strongly advocated the importance of good conduct on the road in life.
I wanted a Government based on charity, justice and respect for hierarchy. On an individual level, he believed in tolerance and kindness, and believed that one of the main pillars of society was respect for the elderly.
His ideas had a great influence on philosophy and in the history of China since a great number of rulers and emperors were inspired by his work. In addition, Confucianism served as a source of inspiration to other currents of thought, such as Taoism.
The best phrases of Confucius
- We have to be at peace with ourselves, otherwise we cannot guide others in their search for peace.
- Never place bets. If you know that you have to win, you are a rogue; and if you don’t know, you’re stupid.
- The only ones who do not change are the wise men of the first order and the completely idiots.
- Men are distinguished less by their natural qualities than by the culture that they provide for themselves.
- It is possible to achieve something after three hours of fighting, but surely it can be achieved with just three words impregnated with affection.
- Ignorance is the night of the mind: but a moonless and starless night.
- You shouldn’t complain about snow on your neighbor’s roof when it also covers your doorstep.
Source: okdiario.com by okdiario.com.
*The article has been translated based on the content of okdiario.com by okdiario.com. If there is any problem regarding the content, copyright, please leave a report below the article. We will try to process as quickly as possible to protect the rights of the author. Thank you very much!
*We just want readers to access information more quickly and easily with other multilingual content, instead of information only available in a certain language.
*We always respect the copyright of the content of the author and always include the original link of the source article.If the author disagrees, just leave the report below the article, the article will be edited or deleted at the request of the author. Thanks very much! Best regards!