|[서울=뉴시스] BBC Seoul correspondent Laura Bicker told her Twitter on the 6th: “The Korean prosecution asked for a sentence of 1 year and 6 months for a man who stole 18 eggs while he was too hungry. Soon Jung Woo, who ran the world’s largest child pornography site, received the same sentence. ”Said the bitter heart. Beaker Correspondent Twitter capture.|
[서울=뉴시스] Reporter Moon Ye-seong = BBC Seoul correspondent Laura Bicker questioned that our court was not allowed to return the US to Son Jung-woo (24), who ran the world’s largest children’s sexual exploitation website,’Welcome to Video’.
Correspondent Beaker wrote on his twitter on the 6th: “The Korean prosecutors wanted a sentence of 1 year and 6 months for men who stole 18 eggs because they were too hungry. Soon Jung Woo, who ran the world’s largest child pornography site, received the same sentence.” I felt bad.
The stealing of 18 eggs mentioned by Correspondent Beaker is an incident called’Corona Jangbaljang’. A man in his 40s who lived in a high school in Suwon lost his daily job with a new coronavirus infection (Corona19) and starved for over 10 days in March and stole 18 baked eggs from the high school. Prosecutors sentenced the man to June of one year in prison for “his theft”.
Meanwhile, the Seoul High Court Detective Division 20 (Deputy Judge Kang Young-soo) proceeded to the third interrogation date regarding the request for extradition of criminals against Son Jung-woo on the 6th and refused his repatriation.
The court explained the’guarantee’ that it would not punish Mr. Son other than money laundering charges in the United States, which has been a major issue at the interrogation date.
The Tribunal said, “The treaty between Korea and the United States is through the agreement of the parties, and it must be regarded as special law according to the extradition law of criminals. Pointed out.
Also, he did not admit that the reason for the absolute rejection of the extradition was “there is a good chance of committing a crime in India.”
However, the court decided that it was desirable to exercise criminal powers against Mr. Son in the Republic of Korea, and made a judgment not to grant extradition.
Son Jeong-woo was sentenced to a sentence of 1 year and 6 months in jail for violation of the Act on the Protection of Sex for Children and Youth in May last year, and was scheduled to be released on April 27.
However, as the US Justice Department demanded that Son Jeong-woo be sent to the United States, an Indian warrant was issued and kept in jail. Son is expected to be released during the three-day hearing as the court decides not to repatriate.
◎Sympathy Newsis [email protected]