Influencers and bloggers work with brands differently from country to country. The agency for working with bloggers and influencers Perfluence worked with bloggers from China and the USA, Germany and Latin America. Influencers of “well-fed markets” pay taxes and work according to clear schemes, opinion leaders in third countries are more loyal to offers and are ready to accept payments directly, says COO of the agency Kirill Pyzhov.
There are practically no companies that understand these differences and take them into account fully at the global level. Large marketing departments do not solve the problem either, transferring their own experience from country to country. Meanwhile, ad demand from bloggers doubled from 2019 to 2021 to $ 13.8 billion, according to data Statista, and continues to grow. Here’s what companies need to know when they want to partner with influencers around the world.
Barter and incubators: how Russian business can work with foreign bloggersVictoria Safronova
The locomotive of blogging progress
China’s influencer marketing market is far ahead of the rest of the world. There are about 200 influencer incubators in the country, training hundreds of bloggers a month. The most famous incubators are Tophot, Fan Xing You Xuan, PBLAB and Yu Jia Yu Le. As a result of the training, the country’s bloggers are selling billions of yuan. Ruhan’s Biggest Incubator Bloggers During Alibaba’s November 2017 One Day Sale sold $ 24.6 million worth of clothes. And every year, opinion leaders update this figure.
Its own social networks are widely popular in the country – WeChat, Weibo, Douyin. When brands collaborate with bloggers in China, the CPA (Cost Per Action) collaboration model is most often used. Video ads work best in the country.
Influencers are paid not for advertising, but for the previously agreed-upon activity of their fans. They can pay for the sale, installation of the application, sending an application and other targeted actions. This is suitable for companies that expand their customer base and, through bloggers, stimulate potential customers: for example, leave an email for further purchases, stimulate purchases. Interaction with bloggers is built through incubators of opinion leaders.
Stability and anonymity
Influencer markets in the USA, Central, Western and Northern Europe, Singapore, Japan and Korea are stable, but unlike China, they do not show progressive development. Most of the local bloggers ask for a fully prepared text for advertising and do not want to spend energy on creating their own content in the interests of the client. Because of this, the brand risks losing the effectiveness of the campaign.
At the same time, in the United States, bloggers equally regularly use several models of cooperation with brands at once: from a fixed payment for one post to deeper collaboration such as creating a clothing line or cosmetics under the brand name of an influencer. Bloggers who strictly follow one model or another are almost never encountered.
But getting to American bloggers is not easy for foreign companies: they carefully monitor the safety of their personal data and do not publish it anywhere. They are reluctant to negotiate with companies and may simply not respond to private messages. European opinion leaders are more responsive, but more picky about the projects they are willing to promote.
In the less prosperous countries of Latin America, Eastern Europe, the CIS countries and other bloggers are much more responsive and actively make contact with brands themselves. These are not rich countries, the markets of which are similar to the Russian one. Much in their life is determined by the conjuncture and politics.
Barter and money
From a marketing point of view, the countries of the world differ from each other in the ratio of the shares of millionaire bloggers, microbloggers, video bloggers, channel owners dedicated to different topics. Based on this, the cost of cooperation with opinion leaders in a particular country is formed.
In some countries, bloggers are not at all ready to take money for their work. In Germany, every microinfluencer must pay taxes for the placement of an ad post. Therefore, instead of declaring income, they prefer to ask for barter, certificates, promotional codes and gifts. In less affluent regions like Latin America, channel owners are more willing to work for money.
How to get the most
- Learn the mentality, find out what language is spoken and written in this country. What is the attitude towards foreign companies in general and your country in particular? Do bloggers take money for their work or do they prefer promotional codes, barter? It is worth considering several payment options in advance.
- Disguise yourself as locals. For the first contact with a blogger, create an account with a local name or on a local social network – this will create more trust at the initial stage. According to our observations, bloggers anywhere in the world are more willing to respond to an initiative from their own country. Remember yourself when potential friends from a distant country are knocking on your Facebook.
- Bloggers can ignore you. And there is nothing special about it. Nothing can be done about it. Many bloggers just don’t want to work with brands, they have to accept that.
- Check with a lawyer who understands local laws. This is necessary to pay for the blogger’s work without consequences for himself and for him.
- How does this budget differ from the average salary in the country? Salaries in the United States and developing countries in Asia differ by about 10 times. A test ad campaign for a blogger will cost about five average salaries in any country.
- Look at yourself from the outside. Adequate bloggers interested in developing their own personal brand will definitely study the reviews of a company from a foreign country that offers them cooperation. If there are no reviews at all, the blogger will most likely refuse to advertise such a company.
Photo: Rawpixel / Shutterstock
Source: Rusbase by rb.ru.
*The article has been translated based on the content of Rusbase by rb.ru. If there is any problem regarding the content, copyright, please leave a report below the article. We will try to process as quickly as possible to protect the rights of the author. Thank you very much!
*We just want readers to access information more quickly and easily with other multilingual content, instead of information only available in a certain language.
*We always respect the copyright of the content of the author and always include the original link of the source article.If the author disagrees, just leave the report below the article, the article will be edited or deleted at the request of the author. Thanks very much! Best regards!