At least 66 corona-confirmed test takers… Bedside tests such as treatment centers


It has been found that at least 66 students who were confirmed with Corona 19 from the 4th and have to take the university scholastic ability test (SAT) in a hospital bed, and 12 self-quarantines who will be assigned a separate test center.

The Ministry of Education decided to secure enough hospital bed test centers for confirmed examinees in case of emergency, and to review measures to induce children and adolescents to vaccinate in preparation for full-scale school attendance in the metropolitan area on the 22nd.

On the morning of the 10th, Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Education Yoo Eun-hye held a ‘Containment Measures Meeting for Safe Preparation for the SAT and Full School Attendance in the Seoul Metropolitan Area’ at the government complex in Seoul and said, “In order to prepare for all contingencies, such as an increase in confirmed cases and self-quarantine students, We will share the real-time situation with the education office and prepare additional hospital beds and test rooms.”

From the 4th, two weeks before the entrance exam, test takers who were confirmed with Corona 19 have been hospitalized or admitted to the test center at hospitals and living treatment centers. As of the 9th, 66 test takers who need to be assigned a hospital bed, etc. among test takers, and 12 test takers who will be assigned a separate test center because they are subject to self-quarantine until after the test date. There is still room for accommodating. 219 beds have been secured in the metropolitan area. There are 620 exam rooms in 112 locations across the country for self-quarantine candidates, and a total of 3099 people can take the exam.

From the 11th, a week before the entrance exam, high schools across the country will switch to distance learning. Previously, third-year high school students in the metropolitan area switched to distance learning on the 4th, two weeks before the entrance exam. On November 17, the day before the entrance exam, the DNA amplification (PCR) testing time at public health centers across the country will be extended until 10 pm. Candidates first analyze the test results, and if confirmed, they are immediately transferred to the hospital bed testing center.

Ahead of the entrance exam on the 18th and full-scale school attendance in the metropolitan area on the 22nd, the number of confirmed students is steadily increasing. This is because social activities have greatly increased since the gradual recovery of daily life (with Corona) on the 1st. The number of daily student infections, which was around 200 a day, has recently risen to 300. On the 2nd, it was counted that more than 500 people were confirmed a day.

Deputy Prime Minister Yu said, “The increase in the number of confirmed cases in the teenage age group, which is lower than other age groups, is 24.7% in the metropolitan area and the primary vaccination rate. We will do our best to restore the daily lives of our people and our students by making this possible,” he said.

He continued, “The SAT exam, taken by 500,000 people nationwide on the 18th, and all elementary, middle, and high schools nationwide on the 22nd will be an important criterion that will determine the overall recovery of the country’s daily life. We must succeed in the difficult task of maintaining the balance of quarantine,” he said.

Deputy Prime Minister Yu said to the education office, local governments, and quarantine authorities on the same day, “Please make sure that the system for managing the confirmation and isolation of test takers works smoothly and prepare everything to secure additional hospitals and living treatment centers in case of a sudden surge in confirmed cases.” “Since evaluations by universities are intensively conducted right after the entrance exam, we ask for your cooperation in strengthening quarantine and traffic management near university districts,” he said.

On the 22nd, the Ministry of Education decided to review measures to induce children and adolescents to increase the vaccination rate before all schools return to the metropolitan area. Until now, vaccination for children and adolescents was left to the voluntary, but the purpose is to emphasize the information that the benefits are greater than the concerns about vaccination.

Deputy Prime Minister Yu said, “The confirmation rate of third-year high school students who have been vaccinated has plummeted, so the effect of vaccination has already been objectively demonstrated.” “It is more important than ever to provide schools with sufficient information. We will also actively consider ways to induce students to be vaccinated.”

The meeting was attended by three superintendents of education in the metropolitan area, including Seoul and Gyeonggi Province, as well as deputy heads of cities and provinces, Ryu Geun-hyuk, 2nd Vice Minister of Health and Welfare, and Kim Heon-joo, deputy director of the Korea Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

[세종=뉴시스]


Source: 동아닷컴 : 동아일보 전체 뉴스 by www.donga.com.

*The article has been translated based on the content of 동아닷컴 : 동아일보 전체 뉴스 by www.donga.com. If there is any problem regarding the content, copyright, please leave a report below the article. We will try to process as quickly as possible to protect the rights of the author. Thank you very much!

*We just want readers to access information more quickly and easily with other multilingual content, instead of information only available in a certain language.

*We always respect the copyright of the content of the author and always include the original link of the source article.If the author disagrees, just leave the report below the article, the article will be edited or deleted at the request of the author. Thanks very much! Best regards!