2 in 1, a 2-in-1 laptop ASUS ROG Flow Thanks to the Z13 touch screen and detachable keyboard, it can be turned into a tablet whenever you want and a laptop whenever you want.
ASUS ROG Flow Z13 GZ301ZE Display Features
- Screen 13.4″
- Sharp LQ134N1jW54
- 1920×1200(16:10) resolution
- 120 Hz refresh rate
- Dolby Vision HDR supported
- 500 nits brightness and 169 ppi
- Pantone certified and 98% sRGB
- In our measurements, it managed to give 97.8% sRGB.
- Adaptive Sync supported
- 1500:1 Contrast
- With thin borders and bezels
- Good touch feeling
- IPS Panel
On the back cover, there are ROG patterns with the stand required for the device to stand, RGB lighting and the section where the chips of the motherboard are visible, the fan and ventilation gaps. There is a camera on the front and back of the device. The front camera is 0.9 MP and provides 720p resolution. The rear camera has a resolution of 8 MP. In addition, there are facial recognition sensors for Windows Hello on the front.
The front camera performs well under the right light compared to a 720p 0.9 MP camera. There is one LED next to the camera, when the camera is working, the notification LED is also on.
Modular Keyboard Features
It has three levels of backlighting and can be customized with Aura Sync. The keyboard is kept very minimalist, there is no numpad and different functions are assigned to the function keys. For example, when you combine the F1-F12 keys with FN, you can control the volume control, fan control, brightness adjustment and keyboard illumination. You can switch to Tablet mode by doing FN+F10 so that the touchpad and mouse remain inactive. The areas of the keyboard other than the keys have a faux leather feel. In addition, due to its modular structure, the keyboard has a magnetic structure and can be easily removed. When removed, the device automatically switches to tablet mode.
The Touchpad, located at the bottom right of the keyboard, is large enough for a device with a 13.4″ screen. It is extremely comfortable to use with its slippery structure. Highly functional while doing your daily work and using the computer.
All ports of the device are located on the right and left side of the screen.
- USB 3.2 Gen 2 USB Type-C portu
- Thunderbolt 4 port
- XG Mobile portu
You can get DP video output and charge the device via USB 3.2 Gen 2 Type-C and Thunderbolt 4 ports. However, with Thunderbolt 4, you cannot fast charge your devices.
- Power key with fingerprint reader
- Volume up and down keys
- USB 2.0 Type-A portu
- Combo 3.5mm ports
In addition, there is an SD card reader with UHS-II support under the stand on the back of the device.
The covers of the device are not designed to be easily removable. Although the screen-integrated structure looks like a tablet, it has some differences. Height-adjustable stand and fan vents are examples.
ASUS ROG Flow Z13 GZ301ZE Cooling Features
It has a double fan cooling structure that takes the cold air from the back and evacuates the hot air from the top.
- Switching between fan modes with Fn+F5
- 0db support. (Fans do not spin under a certain temperature)
- There are sensors around the fans, Armory Crate warns you when the air inlets of the fans are closed and puts the device in power saving mode.
- If the temperature of the processor and GPU is above a certain level, the fans do not stop when the device is turned off or put to sleep, it continues to spin until it reaches a safe temperature level.
- Liquid metal paste was used.
ASUS ROG Flow Z13 GZ301ZE Processor Specifications
Intel Core i9 12900H Processor
- Total 20 Threads with 6 performance and 8 efficiency cores
- 10nm Litografi
- Performance core base frequency 2.5 GHz
- 5 GHz Boost frequency
- 45W TDP
- Internal Iris Xe 96EU Graphics unit
NVIDIA RTX 3050 Ti
- 735 MHz Base Clock ve 1035 MHz Boost Clock’a sahip
- 4GB GDDR6 bellek
- It has a TDP of 35W and can go up to 40W with Dynamic Boost.
You can also connect external graphics cards to the device via XG Mobile and Thunderbolt 4 ports. You can even optionally purchase eGPU products with XG Mobile interface, including ASUS RTX 3080 and RX 6850M XT GPU, with Flow Z13. The device also has 16GB of LPDDR5 RAM. It has a frequency of 5200 MHz and is embedded in the motherboard as a dual channel.
Micron 2450 1 TB SSD is used as storage unit. The SSD has a read speed of 3288 MB/s and a write speed of 3177 MB/s. There is an M.2 reservoir under the stand on the back of the device. The M.2 port here supports the device’s internal single storage and PCIe 4.0 x4 interface and 2230 standard disks can be installed.
The computer has Intel Wi-Fi 6E AX211. 2.4, 5 and 6 GHz support (160 MHz) is provided. The device has Bluetooth 5.3 support.
The device has TPM 2.0 support and facial recognition sensors are placed along with the fingerprint reader.
- 56 WH 4-cell Li-ion battery
- In PCMark 10 Modern office battery test 3 hours 7 minutes got a result.
- Armoury Crate modu Performance.
- Testing was done with screen brightness at 50%, volume at 20%, and keyboard lights on. In addition there was Wi-Fi connection.
- Type-C power adapter with 20V-5A to 100W power
- The adapter has a weight of 398 grams
Asus Armoury Crate
The Armory Crate program, where ASUS offers many features under a single program, leaves you in control. There are different sections in Armory Crate.
There is a section where you can get information about the system and change power profiles. In addition, there are structures in the form of widgets. You can customize these structures as you wish.
- The profiles are as follows;
- Windows Mode: Leaves control of the power settings to Windows.
- Quiet: Prioritizes low fan noise and can lower CPU-GPU frequencies so silence is the focus.
- Performance: The default mode that provides a performance close to the Boost frequency under load.
- Turbo: Pulls the GPU frequency to Boost frequency and increases the maximum power limit for the CPU.
- Custom: Like Turbo mode, it pulls the CPU and GPU to Boost frequency and allows you to draw custom fan profiles. In addition, it allows you to overclock within certain limits on supported systems.
The part where you can get information about the temperature, voltage, operating frequency and usage of the GPU.
- Memory and Disk Usage
The use of RAM memories and disks installed in the system shows both in numbers and percentages.
You can view the speed of the fans connected to the CPU and GPU. It can even calculate the intensity of the sound that occurs depending on the fan revolutions.
Armory Crate program recognizes the games you play and you can quickly start the games you play frequently from here.
It allows you to quickly switch between the profiles you have created.
Under the Device tab, you can access your other Armory Crate supported devices along with the ROG Flow Z13.
When we choose the ROG Flow Z13, there is a resource monitor as well as Memory, GPU, lighting and sound control.
You can optimize memory under the memory section and it informs you about the cleaned RAM. You can set the power mode of the GPU under the GPU menu. The lighting, on the other hand, equalizes all the lighting in the device. Custom mods require Aura Sync or Aura Creator.
You can customize the lights with Aura Sync. You can even create custom lighting shapes if you use Aura Creator with supported hardware.
You can customize the screen for different uses and do color calibration.
You can set profiles and run games for games you own and install.
You can customize the profiles you set according to the system settings.
This section contains game news, game store and recommended software.
- Here you can exchange games in dollar terms.
You can view ASUS Global and Turkey news from this tab.
In addition to these, there are two more software that ASUS recommends to use.
Software that allows you to control the lighting of all your Aura Sync supported hardware and create custom profiles for them.
Basic control program that allows you to register ASUS devices and connect to customer service. You can also switch between battery and power profiles in MyASUS.
ASUS ROG Flow Z13 GZ301ZE Synthetic Tests
|Blender BMW CPU||03:45.64|
|Blender Fishy Cat||00:16.69|
|Cinebench R23 single core||1819|
|Cinebench R23 multi core||13058|
|Blender BMW GPU||03:45|
Tears of Steel 4K>YouTube 1080P
According to the results of the Core i9 12900H Cinebench R23 test, it manages to beat the i9 11900K, the flagship of the previous generation, in single core performance. In the multi-core test, the Ryzen 7 is more successful than the 3700X.
For the Cinebench R23 test, we recommend that it be set to Turbo mode via Armory Crate, otherwise the processor may not give full performance.
AIDA64 Stability Test
Test duration: 30min
Armoury Crate modu Performans
Although the processor started the test with 5 GHz, after a certain period of time, it dropped its frequency to the 2 GHz band. While it had an average frequency of 2-2.4 GHz, the temperature was between 65-70 degrees. Although technically not Throotle, it lowered the CPU frequency. The same thing happened in Turbo mode.
ASUS ROG Flow Z13 GZ301ZE Gaming Tests
All gaming tests were done in Armory Crate mod Performance.
|The game||Resolution and Graphics Adjustment||FPS||GPU Temperature||CPU Temperature|
|Red Dead Redemption 2||1200P Favor Quality
|Far Cry 6||1200p High||Min. 37
|Marvel’s Spider Man Remastered||1200p High
|Forza Horizon 5||1200p High||Min. 54
Since the God of War game is loaded on both the GPU and the CPU, sufficient power cannot be provided during the test, so the game suddenly drops from 45-50 FPS to 15-20 FPS.
When playing Red Dead Redemption 2 at 1200p Favor Quality settings, it has an average noise level of 38.5 db when measured from head level. When it is put into turbo fan mode, it has an average sound level of 39 db.
- Having a stylish design
- Being a 2 in 1 device
- Being lightweight and portable. 1542 grams including keyboard, 1186 grams without keyboard.
- High audio performance
- Quality touchscreen with G-Sync support
- Thunderbolt 4 support
- Possibility to connect external GPU via PCIe lines with XG mobile
- high performance processor
- 0db support
- Successful cooling
- Wi-Fi 6E and Bluetooth 5.3 support
- MUX Switch
- LPDDR5 Memory
- Few USB ports and Type-A port being USB 2.0 (Type-A port sometimes can’t supply enough power)
- It has only one M.2 port and only supports the 2230 standard.
- Power adapter cannot provide enough power in some games
- Used the weakest version of the RTX 3050 Ti
- The processor may not work at full performance except in Turbo mode in situations that require power.
- Unable to upgrade RAM and sold with max 16GB RAM
Source: Technopat by www.technopat.net.
*The article has been translated based on the content of Technopat by www.technopat.net. If there is any problem regarding the content, copyright, please leave a report below the article. We will try to process as quickly as possible to protect the rights of the author. Thank you very much!
*We just want readers to access information more quickly and easily with other multilingual content, instead of information only available in a certain language.
*We always respect the copyright of the content of the author and always include the original link of the source article.If the author disagrees, just leave the report below the article, the article will be edited or deleted at the request of the author. Thanks very much! Best regards!