The Prime Minister has an assessment of the situation regarding the corona virus, in which we discussed the spread of the Delta variant around the world, Israeli visits to these countries and the fact that many returnees from abroad do not adhere to the isolation guidelines.
Prime Minister Naftali Bennett last night (Sunday) assessed the situation regarding the corona virus with the participation of the Minister of Health, the Minister of the Interior, the Minister of Transport, the Minister of Internal Security, the Minister of Education, the Deputy Minister of the National Council, the Attorney General, Corona Projector, Director General of the Population Authority, Director General of the Airports Authority, representatives of the National Security Headquarters (National Security Council), the Ministry of Finance, the police and other professionals.
The weak points at this stage are the spread of the Delta variant around the world, Israeli visits to these countries and the fact that many returnees from abroad do not adhere to the isolation guidelines.
In light of this, Prime Minister Bennett confirmed the following recommendations of the professionals:
1. Increasing the enforcement of isolation for returnees from abroad – recruiting 250 police officers specifically for the enforcement task for a limited period of time.
2. Establishment of a testing complex at Ben Gurion Airport – approval of a decision by the government.
3. Significant increase in the number of checkpoints at Ben Gurion Airport.
4. A dedicated information campaign to sharpen the importance of maintaining the isolation guidelines among returnees from abroad.
Fill out an outgoing passenger form and sign an affidavit before boarding the flight, in order to ensure non-arrival in the 6 high-risk countries: Argentina, Russia, India, South Africa, Mexico and Brazil.
6. Prohibition of exit to high-risk countries, except with the prior approval of the Exceptions Committee.
In addition, the Prime Minister’s discount:
– To conduct staff work to examine the discrepancy between the number of isolation violators among those returning from abroad and the number of fines actually imposed (under the responsibility of the National Insurance Institute).
– Examine the imposition of fines on parents of children from solitary confinement under the Corona Law (under the responsibility of the Attorney General).
Formulation of readiness for the possibility of an outbreak of further illness (under the responsibility of the Ministry of Health).
A follow-up discussion will be scheduled in the coming days.An abbreviated address for this article: https://www.ias.co.il?p=117113
Source: IAS by www.ias.co.il.
*The article has been translated based on the content of IAS by www.ias.co.il. If there is any problem regarding the content, copyright, please leave a report below the article. We will try to process as quickly as possible to protect the rights of the author. Thank you very much!
*We just want readers to access information more quickly and easily with other multilingual content, instead of information only available in a certain language.
*We always respect the copyright of the content of the author and always include the original link of the source article.If the author disagrees, just leave the report below the article, the article will be edited or deleted at the request of the author. Thanks very much! Best regards!