Today We are wondering why are many people who continue to wear the mask on the street even though it is no longer mandatory. The dawn in which the norm was relaxed dancing wines and burning of masks in some places. Funny, but not very representative of what we have seen since then.
Three reasons that quite fit me:
- There are many people comfortable with the idea of hiding and going unnoticed, of being less exposed to looks or aesthetic demands. The masks are also protective and insulating. There are people who also wear sunglasses like this.
- There is no ideological division. Beyond the four denialist cats and the Madrid right who refused to wear it at the beginning of the pandemic, there has been no real political polarization about it. So putting on or taking off the mask is no longer a thing of the left or right, it is a more personal matter.
There are more reasons and expert voices in this complete report.
We have to talk about Desokupa, a security company specialized in kicking people out of occupied homes, which has had the promotion and good words for years of television programs very overturned with scaremongering around the occupation of empty houses.
The director of this company of hefty gym boxers, whose hair is shaved because it is cooler in the summer, is now using his fame to take his method to the next level: he publishes the personal data of his targets, such as their phones, on the Internet or their photos, so that their followers proceed to harassment and threats. Desokupa acts against whom its clients say, it does not mediate any police or judicial decision. “The Desokupa-National Police synergy works,” they say in Desokupa, a parapolice combination that one day could end very badly and then we will review the kind role that television gave them.
94% of Spaniards declare themselves heterosexual, but the percentage drops to 82% among 18-24 year olds. Just five years ago, when the CIS asked the same question, the figure in that same age group was over 90%. Homosexuality, bisexuality, pansexuality, demisexuality, asexuality… sexual identities and orientations are a great generational melon that your elders would do well to want to understand.
- Irene Montero. Pride week is over. Politically, we must point out the figure of Minister Irene Montero, who after a few months very touched and challenged, has managed to carry out her main project and point of conflict within the coalition, the Trans Law. Here a chronicle of his role.
- Now touch Budgets. PSOE and United We Can agreed in their coalition agreement an ambitious tax reform. The time to agree on the Budgets is approaching and in Moncloa they do not want to address this issue this year, with which new tensions are looming on this flank.
- Do not passPandemic and globalization are two of the issues discussed in this interview with the German Foreign Minister: “The pandemic has taught us how weak globalized capitalism is.”
- Dirty coast. From Vélez-Málaga to the Costa Brava, the mythical Spanish coast is full of black spots, beaches contaminated by toxic spills and poorly purified sewage, areas that are too urbanized, impractical or full of plastic. Ecologists in Action makes an effort to try to locate them and put them on this map.
- Tour. Two teachers have been convicted for the accidental death of a 13-year-old student, who drowned while swimming across a river during a field trip in Córdoba. The sentence frightens teachers, who increasingly hesitate to promote activities outside the centers.
- Dany’s story. We saw how the Civil Guard transferred his limp body to the other side of the border to leave him to his fate, very wounded, in Morocco. For a time it was thought that he had died. He reported to Strasbourg and we spoke with him: “I am that person you treated like an animal”.
Things i didn’t know
- Did not know the history, not entirely confirmed, which explains why American coffee is called American coffee. American soldiers who went to fight in Italy in World War II began to ask for water to be added to the espresso they put in bars, too concentrated and small for their addiction to large amounts of coffee. With the same derision that we would now call it ‘café guiri’, in Italy it began to be called ‘café americano’. A reader of the newsletter has passed this story on to me. Thanks!
- He did not know what is photocatalysis, a technique that is applied to the asphalt of more and more cities to ‘decontaminate’. With a layer of paint on the asphalt, it is possible to absorb and transform the polluting gases emitted by cars into other less polluting elements. Or so the theory goes. Implementation in large polluted cities does not seem as effective.
- He did not know what is a “heat dome”, which is formed when a mass of hot and dense air is concentrated in a certain area due to atmospheric pressures that trap it as if it were a pressure cooker. In the west of the border between the US and Canada they are suffering one these days. The death toll in a week has shot up 195% in the Canadian part where the temperature has reached 49 degrees. Has relationship with climate change.
This weekend we have published the accounts of elDiario.es in 2020. An exercise in transparency that in this year of the pandemic is accompanied by an immense THANK YOU. The members and partners have saved us.
Here we will be again tomorrow.
About this blog
In this blog you can see the content of ‘Al día’, the daily newsletter from eldiario.es with the analysis of the most important news to be informed, the keys to avoid noise and a selection of the best of the Internet. With Juanlu Sánchez, deputy director of eldiario.es, and the contributions of the entire editorial team.
Subscribe to be up to date.
Source: ElDiario.es – ElDiario.es by www.eldiario.es.
*The article has been translated based on the content of ElDiario.es – ElDiario.es by www.eldiario.es. If there is any problem regarding the content, copyright, please leave a report below the article. We will try to process as quickly as possible to protect the rights of the author. Thank you very much!
*We just want readers to access information more quickly and easily with other multilingual content, instead of information only available in a certain language.
*We always respect the copyright of the content of the author and always include the original link of the source article.If the author disagrees, just leave the report below the article, the article will be edited or deleted at the request of the author. Thanks very much! Best regards!