Would a little bit of peace of mind be found by meditating? Try it, but remember not to run!
- Sit in comfortable clothes on the floor cushion cross-sitting. If the position feels bad, sit in a chair or find another position that suits you.
- Place your hands on your lap and point your gaze down at the front. Sit upright with your back straight, shoulders behind and neck extended.
- Open your mouth and empty your lungs with a long exhale. Then slowly inhale your lungs full of air. Close your mouth and resume normal breathing. Do not consciously try to deepen your breaths.
- Swing your body slowly from side to side. Gradually reduce the movement and eventually stop it in the middle.
- When you start meditating, keep your posture as still as possible.
- Pay attention to thoughts and feelings. Let them come and go freely without clinging to them. When you notice thoughts wandering, gently bring your attention back to the present moment.
- You can help count your breaths. Or it remains to be seen how the breathing air feels in the nostrils: when you inhale cool, when you exhale warm.
- The mind gets stressed and wandering. When you don’t judge your feelings, you can finally let go of them.
- Meditate for as long as you feel good.
This article has appeared in Good Health magazine. As a subscriber, you can read all numbers free of charge from the digilehdet.fi service.
Content continues after ad
The content continues below the ad
Follow us on Facebook
Source: Hyvä Terveys by www.hyvaterveys.fi.
*The article has been translated based on the content of Hyvä Terveys by www.hyvaterveys.fi. If there is any problem regarding the content, copyright, please leave a report below the article. We will try to process as quickly as possible to protect the rights of the author. Thank you very much!
*We just want readers to access information more quickly and easily with other multilingual content, instead of information only available in a certain language.
*We always respect the copyright of the content of the author and always include the original link of the source article.If the author disagrees, just leave the report below the article, the article will be edited or deleted at the request of the author. Thanks very much! Best regards!