Archivists remember how a fish factory was opened in Velikiye Luki

Employees of the State Archives of the Pskov Region recalled how Velikiye Luki opened its fish factory 65 years ago.

The plant opened on April 1, 1958. Before him, the Velikoluksky Fishing Trust worked here, which included the Zhizhitsky and Nevelsky fish farms, Velikoluksky, Shipulinsky and Opochetsky pond farms, as well as the fish cannery and the Shipulinsky fish hatchery.

The company opened in 1958

The main workshop of the fish factory was put into operation on May 23 of the same year. A little later, by January 1, 1966, the enterprise included 8 fishing shops. The main task of the plant was the extraction of fish and its processing. The fish was cooled, frozen and marinated.

The company bred fish and produced canned food

Another area of ​​work was the cultivation of ducks. In addition, whitefish eggs were incubated here, whitefish and peled underyearlings were reared. In addition, work was carried out to stock the lakes with fry of valuable fish.


Source: Все материалы – Московский Комсомолец by www.mk-pskov.ru.

*The article has been translated based on the content of Все материалы – Московский Комсомолец by www.mk-pskov.ru. If there is any problem regarding the content, copyright, please leave a report below the article. We will try to process as quickly as possible to protect the rights of the author. Thank you very much!

*We just want readers to access information more quickly and easily with other multilingual content, instead of information only available in a certain language.

*We always respect the copyright of the content of the author and always include the original link of the source article.If the author disagrees, just leave the report below the article, the article will be edited or deleted at the request of the author. Thanks very much! Best regards!