For a long time, the iPad was considered a full-fledged replacement for a computer, but then it somehow imperceptibly turned into an intermediate option between the iPhone and MacBook. Apple even released an iPad Air based on the M1 chip, the power of which is comparable to a laptop on similar hardware, but the problem is that this performance simply has nowhere to go. In 2023, you will finally be able to overclock your tablet at full capacity: Cupertino finally decided to release Final Cut Pro for video editing and a utility for writing music Logic Pro for iPad, and the subscription is several times cheaper than for a full-fledged PC. But there is a problem: most likely, you will quickly become disillusioned with these programs on the iPad and buy yourself a normal PC.
Final Cut for iPad
Apple announced an ambulance Release of Final Cut Pro and Logic Pro for iPad – one of the most productive programs that you can run on a tablet at the moment. Previously, these apps were only available on Mac at crazy prices: 24 990 rubles for video editor and 17 990 rubles for the audio editor. Now owners will be able to save a lot, as applications will cost significantly less – $ 4.99 per month or $ 49 per year.
But saving money on buying an iPad will not work: Final Cut Pro video editor available only for tablets on M1 or M2 chip. At the same time, for Logic Pro, the minimum system requirements are the presence of an A12 Bionic processor, so even an iPad mini 5 will do!
At the same time, Apple did not just mindlessly port applications to the iPad, but specially adapted them for touch screens. There’s even support for the Apple Pencil, Magic Keyboard, and Folio Keyboard. Let’s see what features will be available in the apps.
The best video editor for iPad
Final Cut Pro has been long awaited on the iPad: it’s the essential video editor for professionals that lets you record and edit videos. Here are some of the features that will be available on the tablet. Forget about Splice and other apps Logic Pro – the best!
- Live Drawing – drawing over the video. There’s even hover mode support, but only on the iPad Pro with the M2.
- Pro Camera – video recording for the pros. You can simultaneously monitor the sound, focus and other shooting parameters. iPad Pro M2 can record videos in ProRes to keep the quality high.
- Scene Removal Mask – background replacement using neural networks without chromakey.
- Import files from iPad gallery, iMovie app and export projects on Mac.
In addition, there multi-touch gesture support for quick control of the application – a must-have for the iPad.
How to write tracks on iPad
Logic Pro – the main tool for many famous musicians: it allows you to record voice, use instrument samples and use presets – in general, to fully compose music. Here are the features supported by the popular audio editor.
- More than 100 musical instruments to create parts – you can play yourself using multi-touch gestures.
- Support mixer for mixing tracks to create a harmonious sound.
- The presence of a built-in sequencer to build a sequence of fragments.
- Logic Pro Project Compatibility for iPad with Logic Pro, GarageBand, and Final Cut Pro—perfect for cross-device users.
Yes, it’s been available for the iPad for a long time. FL Studio – A solid analogue at a lower price, but it is cut down compared to the full-fledged version for PC. This still does not prevent someone from writing beats directly on the tablet, but the appearance Logic Pro on iPad and even with such low system requirements – a real gift of fate!
New programs will appear in the App Store already May 23, 2023 – there is little time left to wait. I have already interviewed my friends who somehow work with these applications and found out what they expect from their appearance.
- Some expect apps to be stripped-down “portable” versions. Yes, all the main features are listed above, but Apple probably did not transfer everything to the iPad: they will appear in future updates or remain as a Mac exclusive.
- Users expect compatibility issues when transferring projects from iPad to Mac and vice versa. There are doubts about optimization: at first, hardly anyone would risk doing an important project on the iPad because of the likelihood of the application crashing.
- It’s definitely impossible to “grunt” Logic Pro or Final Cut now. If on the Mac they learned to bypass restrictions, then on the iPad there are no options to do this – you have to pay.
- Low Logic Pro system requirements no one is particularly happy: even writing tracks is an energy-intensive process, so the power of A12 Bionic (and indeed, of all A-series chips) is most likely not enough – M1 will be needed. What can we say about video editing!
- Such resource-intensive applications “eat up” the RAM like crazy: on a basic iPad or iPad Air, it is unlikely to be enough, since the system will simply throw the program out of memory when minimized.
Well, the most important nuance is the iPad itself. It can hardly be considered as the main device for audio or video editing – only as an auxiliary device, for example, to make sketches when there is no MacBook at hand. In any case, getting used to a small touch screen will take a very long time and it’s easier to buy a Mac. Perhaps the 14-inch iPad will solve the problem, but there are not so many rumors about it yet, and the screen size is still not enough. So, after the appearance, I recommend that you first connect the trial version for a month in order to find out all the shortcomings.
Source: AppleInsider.ru — крупнейший сайт о iPhone, iPad, Mac в России by appleinsider.ru.
*The article has been translated based on the content of AppleInsider.ru — крупнейший сайт о iPhone, iPad, Mac в России by appleinsider.ru. If there is any problem regarding the content, copyright, please leave a report below the article. We will try to process as quickly as possible to protect the rights of the author. Thank you very much!
*We just want readers to access information more quickly and easily with other multilingual content, instead of information only available in a certain language.
*We always respect the copyright of the content of the author and always include the original link of the source article.If the author disagrees, just leave the report below the article, the article will be edited or deleted at the request of the author. Thanks very much! Best regards!