Apple: 200 million fund against climate change

Apple: 200 million fund to fight climate change

From Apple a 200 million dollar fund to fight climate change: the company will be carbon neutral by 2030.

Apple renews its commitment to the environment by inaugurating a fund from 200 million dollars, intended for the fight against climate changes. This is the initiative wanted by the Cupertino group for the new Restore Fund, a proposal created for the protection of the environment and capable of generating economic returns for those who decide to invest in it. The goal to be achieved is important: to reduce carbon dioxide emissions by 1 million tons every year.

The company led by Tim Cook has been involved for years on the environmental front. For some time now, all the operations and activities of the group have been powered by 100% renewable energies, and the company has also launched recovery and recycling plans for the raw materials of the devices, including with innovative technologies for the recovery of rare mines. Over the years, reforestation and CO2 compensation campaigns have been launched, as well as many other initiatives.

Apple, 200 million for the Restore Fund

As announced in recent months, Apple has decided to set itself an important goal: to become completely carbon neutral by 2030, also on the supply chain front. The company is working directly to reduce carbon dioxide emissions on 75% of its entire supply chain, while the remaining 25% thanks to the newborn Restore Fund.

The fund, which sees the participation of various international actors such as the NGO Conservation International and the financial group Goldman Sachs, aims to reset the CO2 emissions with compensation and reforestation plans, also restoring important ecosystems today damaged by man. The fund was also created to guarantee an economic return to investors, so that it is therefore a virtuous circle and can act as a pole of attraction for environmental protection. So he explained Lisa Jackson, vice president for environmental policies of the group:

By creating a fund that generates both a financial return and a measurable impact on emissions, we want to drive broad change for the future by encouraging investment in carbon removal globally. Our hope is that others will share our goals and contribute their resources to support and protect ecosystems.

The Cupertino-based company has already started partnerships with numerous international organizations, such as the Forest Stewardship Council, to understand which are the most urgent environmental problems to be addressed and which priorities to accord to investments against climate change.

Source: The Verge


Source: GreenStyle by www.greenstyle.it.

*The article has been translated based on the content of GreenStyle by www.greenstyle.it. If there is any problem regarding the content, copyright, please leave a report below the article. We will try to process as quickly as possible to protect the rights of the author. Thank you very much!

*We just want readers to access information more quickly and easily with other multilingual content, instead of information only available in a certain language.

*We always respect the copyright of the content of the author and always include the original link of the source article.If the author disagrees, just leave the report below the article, the article will be edited or deleted at the request of the author. Thanks very much! Best regards!