FOR DECADES, Masimo Savić has been a favorite of the Belgrade audience, and at least lately, she has mostly shown that by filling the Sava Center.
This time, the renowned musician will perform on September 18 in a different ambience, on Tasmajdan.
– It is a nice and serious bite – Massimo will say pictorially for “Novosti”. – I designed the stage for that concert, with the wholehearted help of “Sky Music”, it will come true. We want to give a special experience to people. It’s easy for foreign bands. They rent a hall, then rehearse in it for two months, with a loudspeaker and a planned stage, and that stage is used 200 times a year. We will use it only on Tasmajdan. You have a choice before the concert – whether you want to fill your pockets, or make a special moment that will be remembered. I always choose the latter. Especially in these times of restriction, we need to show our muscles, and be more powerful than all that.
The full capacity of the stadium is in circulation, which is 9,000 people.
– It will be necessary to show a certificate of vaccination, covid 19, or do a quick antigen test on the spot. That’s how we worked on the tour in Croatia. Freedom is at our fingertips. We just need to not complicate it with more than 50 percent of the unvaccinated. Let it be unadjusted, but not more than 20 percent, it would be wonderful. Then we would start to feel the freedom we had before, and obviously we didn’t appreciate it enough.
Along with Massimo, the group “Vatra” is coming to “Tash” that evening, whose frontman Ivan Dečak is the author of the last few Savić’s hits.
– The two of us have been friends for a long time. Our duet song “We are in no hurry” was his sixth attempt to approach me with a song. I kept begging him not to give up, and that we would “meet” one day. When I started to give up on that myself, he still made that wonderful song. It is beautiful that the concert will open such a strong band. “Fire” is terribly interested in this market. Saxophonist Gabor Bunford will also play as a guest, this is our first collaboration.
Massimo, he says, spent the crowning period very hard.
– I didn’t stop at all. I am a hygienic freak, I always washed the cans from which I drink beer with soap and brush. Nothing special has changed for me except that, here and there, a mask should be put on. I got vaccinated, I feel good. I think that, of all the performers in Croatia, we played the most. I was not shocked and paralyzed. We have managed to adapt, both in the way we work and financially. If people think they will earn the same as before, they are mistaken. In my case, only I reduced the size, and the band earns the same as before the crown. I’m proud of that.
The esteemed artist is aware that it may close again soon, but …
– Maybe a larger number of people will respond to immunization. If we all got vaccinated now, as we used to do against smallpox, in seven days, the entire former South, we would solve it in a short procedure and we would live normally. People, however, are reluctant. For example, vaccination against influenza. Clearly, one in 100,000 will have a very bad reaction. Such is the case with the corona vaccine. However, it is rising on social networks, fear is moving and people are afraid for no reason. Vaccines and antibiotics are a treasure trove of civilization. This allowed us to live a full life, even until the eighties. Life expectancy used to be much shorter.
“TASH” REMINDS OF A SALAD
POPULAR Max will now perform for the first time at Tasmajdan.
– The space reminds me a lot of Zagreb’s Salata – a skating rink that is used for concerts of up to 5,000 people. “Tash” is amphitheatrically conceived, like a hall with an open roof. These are the conditions in which the best sound can be made.
OLD THINGS JUST AS A REMINDER
THE NUMBER “Small circle of great people” was declared the song of the year in 2020.
– I have had a lot of them lately: “Suddenly you”, “At a glance”, “Tears stood in our way”, “Aren’t there any more of us” – Massimo enumerated for our newspaper. – Wicked songs that already have their status. That is why these concerts provide topicality, not a reminder of some times. My old songs only serve to remind people that I did something in the eighties as well. I don’t really stick to that area.
Source: Novosti.rs RSS – Današnje vesti by www.novosti.rs.
*The article has been translated based on the content of Novosti.rs RSS – Današnje vesti by www.novosti.rs. If there is any problem regarding the content, copyright, please leave a report below the article. We will try to process as quickly as possible to protect the rights of the author. Thank you very much!
*We just want readers to access information more quickly and easily with other multilingual content, instead of information only available in a certain language.
*We always respect the copyright of the content of the author and always include the original link of the source article.If the author disagrees, just leave the report below the article, the article will be edited or deleted at the request of the author. Thanks very much! Best regards!