The Government Gazette published the Code of Ethics for Political Officials, B.E.2021, 42 items, Prime Minister, Ministers, including members of the Deputy Ministers must adhere
On October 26, 2021, the Government Gazette publishedCode of Ethics for Political Officials, B.E. 2021 that: Whereas it is expedient to establish a code of ethics in accordance with the law on ethical standards to be used as a criterion for ethical behavior of political officials;
Political official means a political official under the law governing political service. and shall include Members of the Assistant Ministers under the Rules of the Office of the Prime Minister on the Committee of Assistant Ministers.
Article 4 Political officials must adhere to the main institutions of the country, namely the nation, religion, the monarch. and the democratic regime of government with the King as Head of State At least they must maintain themselves as follows:
(1) Protecting, taking care and upholding national interests as priority to protect and preserve the independence and sovereignty of the nation and not behaving in a manner that may cause disgrace to the national dignity
(2) Adhering to morality and ethics according to the religious principles that one has respected. and respect the differences of each religion
(3) Loyalty and upholding the monarchy
(4) uphold and uphold the democratic regime of government with the King as Head of State;
(5) to be a good model for upholding and obeying the Constitution of the Kingdom of Thailand in all respects
Article 5 Political officials must perform their duties with honesty. have a good conscience and responsible for duties At least they must maintain themselves as follows:
(1) perform duties to serve the nation and the people to the best of their ability with responsibility, upholding the rule of law; Honesty, sacrifice, fairness, non-discrimination and without prejudice.
(2) not use or allow others to use their status or position as a political official to seek unlawful benefits for themselves or others, whether for property benefits or not;
(3) not demanding, accepting or agreeing to accept the property; or any other benefits for oneself or others in a manner that may affect the performance of duties
(4) Not cooperating or supporting all forms of corruption and misconduct.
(5) Do not use or distort government information to cause misunderstanding or for the benefit of oneself or others.
(6) not doing any act that causes disgrace to the dignity of holding office
(7) Show reasonable responsibility in the event of a failure or error in performing duties.
Article 6 Political officials must have the courage to make decisions and act in righteousness. At least they must maintain themselves as follows:
(1) Perform duties with fairness, impartiality and without prejudice. without being shaken by the influence of social trends or unlawful pressure
(2) Adhering to the law and not using legal gaps to benefit for self or others
(3) taking into account the merit system in appointing persons worthy of holding positions;
(4) Must disclose fraudulent information. Abuse of power, fraud, deceit or any other act that damages the government service to the responsible officer
(5) Disclose or provide information that is under one’s responsibility accurately, completely and without distortion to the public.
Article 7 Political officials must uphold the public interest of the nation. and the well-being of the people as a whole and have a public mind At least they must maintain themselves as follows:
(1) have an ideology to work for the nation and must take the interests of the nation and the people as the utmost;
(2) not acting in conflict between personal interests and common interests whether directly or indirectly as provided in the Constitution and the law
(3) not to use the confidential information of the government which he or she acquired while in office for the benefit of the private sector; both during the tenure and upon retirement
(4) Having a public mind, volunteering and devoting oneself to perform duties for the common interest of the nation and the well-being of the people as a whole.
(5) Performing duties responsibly with the aim of ensuring that all sectors of society coexist in a fair and peaceful manner. and unity and reconciliation
Article 8 Political officials must perform their duties with a focus on the achievements of the work. By at least, they must maintain themselves as follows:
(1) Perform duties to the best of their ability with a view to the achievement of quality, transparent and verifiable work.
(2) to comply with the laws and regulations of the government taking into account the interests of the nation and the people as important
(3) devote time to the government not obstructing government service time to do business or do any other act for the benefit of oneself or others
(4) to pay attention to the suffering and to listen to the complaints of the people and to seek urgent and equal assistance;
(5) maintain government secrets except for the performance of duties and powers under the law
(6) to maintain government property and use government property in accordance with its objectives economically and cost-effectively, being careful not to cause unnecessary damage or waste; and not used for the benefit of oneself or others
Article 9 Political officials must perform their duties fairly and without discrimination. At least they must maintain themselves as follows:
(1) Performing duties with fairness, equality, without prejudice and without discrimination through personal feelings or relationships. or reasons for differences in race, national origin, religion, sex, gender, age, disability, physical condition, health or socioeconomic status. including respect for human dignity
(2) Treat people, colleagues and related persons with dignity.
(3) not using the status or position of being a political official to interfere or intervene in the performance of official duties, operations, recruitment, appointment, transfer, transfer, promotion salary deferral and disciplinary action or removal from office of a government official holding a permanent position or salary and is not a political official, employee or employee of a government agency State agency, state enterprise, state-owned business or local government, except for the performance of duties and powers under the law
(4) not allowing spouses, close relatives, family members or someone close to intervene or interfere with the performance of one’s own or others’ duties
(5) Treat business organizations that do business with government agencies in accordance with regulations. and steps equally without discrimination
Article 10 Political officials must maintain themselves as a good role model and maintain their image by at least maintaining themselves as follows:
(1) uphold the ethics of being a good political official lead the royal speech Philosophy of Sufficiency Economy and religious doctrines to be used in life
(2) Being a good role model for being a good citizen with respect and strict compliance with the law
(3) conduct oneself within the framework of ethics, virtues and morals, both personally and by duty and responsibility to the public
(4) to be a good role model for preserving good traditions and culture including maintaining the identity of the Thai nation
(5) Respect and not infringe on the rights and freedoms of others. Do not act or use impolite words or slander or slander or insult any person
(6) must place oneself to be trusted by the people and to be careful not to engage in the profession, occupation or any other work of his spouse, close relative or person in his or her family It looks like it affects the trust of the people.
(7) not accepting gifts, gifts, properties or any other benefits from other persons and must take care of their spouses, close relatives or family members to do the same. Unless it is received from an unethical giving and an acceptance that has the provisions of the law to be accepted.
(8) Not committing acts of harassment or sexual harassment. until causing the victim have suffered damage or affect the performance of duties where the victim is in a state of surrender, must accept the act and not use his sexual relationship with any person as a cause or influence to exercise discretion in the performance of duties that are favorable or harmful to any person
(9) Do not associate with or provide support to illegal people, influential people or people with good behavior. or has a derogatory name which may affect the trust of the people
Article 11: The Prime Minister shall be in charge of this Code of Ethics.
Source: ประชาชาติธุรกิจ by www.prachachat.net.
*The article has been translated based on the content of ประชาชาติธุรกิจ by www.prachachat.net. If there is any problem regarding the content, copyright, please leave a report below the article. We will try to process as quickly as possible to protect the rights of the author. Thank you very much!
*We just want readers to access information more quickly and easily with other multilingual content, instead of information only available in a certain language.
*We always respect the copyright of the content of the author and always include the original link of the source article.If the author disagrees, just leave the report below the article, the article will be edited or deleted at the request of the author. Thanks very much! Best regards!