On Tuesday, November 16, the Mark Rothko Art Center in the Daugavpils Fortress reopens its doors to visitors and offers five new exhibition projects.
While the Rothko Center was closed for lockdown, its employees did not waste time: they managed to prepare five new exhibitions, which will complete the exhibition season this year.
In late autumn, the premises of the art center were transformed, so now visitors offer new art projects:
• Pioneer of 20th century optical art – British artist Michael Kidner (1917-2009) presented at a large-scale exhibition “Love is a virus from outer space”;
• Retrospective of the graphic works of the Latvian artist, heraldry and graphics specialist Ilze Libiete can be seen at the exhibition “Road to the sea”;
• Artist from Kurzeme Janis Kupč will reveal the picturesque facet of his work at the exhibition “Cruel Romances”;
• Daniel Fuchs from Germany will amaze with its wood carvings at the exhibition “Creation”;
• The main elements of painting and the materiality of color can be felt at the exhibition “Interspace” French women Elissa Marshall.
The exhibitions of the new season will be available until mid-January next year. Details and annotations for new exhibitions HERE.
In addition to new exhibition projects in the Rothko Center, you can also see permanent exhibitions: the originals of the paintings of our famous fellow countryman, get acquainted with the best examples from the funds of the art center at the exhibition “Found in collection”, see the works of the participants of the 17th International Painting Symposium or take a walk in the courtyard of the Rothko Center and see the exhibition of the Latvian Ceramics Association “Talk to me!”.
The Rothko Art Center is open from Tuesday to Sunday.
Tuesday – 11: 00-17: 00;
Wednesday – Saturday: 11: 00-19: 00;
Sunday: 11: 00-17: 00;
Monday is a day off.
Source: nasha.lv RSS by nasha.lv.
*The article has been translated based on the content of nasha.lv RSS by nasha.lv. If there is any problem regarding the content, copyright, please leave a report below the article. We will try to process as quickly as possible to protect the rights of the author. Thank you very much!
*We just want readers to access information more quickly and easily with other multilingual content, instead of information only available in a certain language.
*We always respect the copyright of the content of the author and always include the original link of the source article.If the author disagrees, just leave the report below the article, the article will be edited or deleted at the request of the author. Thanks very much! Best regards!