From the scriptures it can be learned that the beneficial properties and properties of the aloe vera plant have been known for over 5,000 years. Many believe that it is the most well-known and common medicinal plant in the world and in Israel and you will find it in ornamental gardens and many private courtyards. It has long since gained its status as a “superfood” and every home is familiar with the soothing properties of aloe vera which is very effective in soothing the skin and restoring it from burns, bites and irritations. But did you know that aloe vera, due to its richness in dietary fiber, vitamins and minerals, also helps maintain the digestive system, protects the body from various viruses, and increases collagen and elastin production that contribute to skin improvement?
For the summer, the experts at Forever Living – the largest grower, manufacturer and marketer of aloe vera and aloe vera products in the world, present everything you need to know about this natural refresher:
Aloe Vera – “The Magic Plant”
Aloe vera is a plant with surprising properties and that is why it has been dubbed the “magic plant” or “natural remedy”. It thrives in hot, dry climates, and many mistakenly refer to it as a cactus, but is actually a member of the lily family. It retains moisture when other plants wither, while closing its pores so as not to lose moisture. There are more than 260 strains of aloe vera, but the strain ‘Aloe-Barbadensis Miller’ is the most effective for mankind, thanks to its medicinal properties.
History of health
In 1862, George Evers discovered the age-old existence of the aloe vera plant in Egyptian papyrus from 1,500 BC. Greek and Roman physicians used it very successfully as a herb and researchers found that ancient Chinese and Indian cultures also used aloe vera. The kingdom of Egypt used it in their search for the ideal of physical beauty, and in the Philippines it is used in conjunction with milk to cure kidney infections. Aloe vera plants are mentioned in the Bible, and legend has it that Alexander the Great conquered the island of Socotra in the Indian Ocean in order to gain a strategic advantage, by supplying aloe vera plants to treat the battle wounds of his soldiers.
Infinite benefits for aloe vera
The aloe vera plant abounds in health benefits and is found to be effective in many cases. Its salient benefits are manifested in skin health, scalp and hair health, digestive system, weight loss and pain relief.
- Acne and skin health – Aloe vera has a very positive effect on the skin, it provides moisture to the skin and can deal with problems like dry skin, acne, allergies, sunstroke and burns. A cool aloe vera gel that is applied to the skin can do magic, and soothe it instantly.
- Hair Growth – The aloe vera plant is rich in enzymes that heal damaged cells in the scalp, thus improving the health of the hair follicles and increasing hair growth. If you experience hair loss or slow growth of the hair follicles, you may want to try aloe vera to encourage regrowth.
- Digestive System – Aloe vera has a significant effect on the digestive system, it is known to help absorb nutrients from food into the bloodstream and also improves the absorption of vitamins. Aloe vera contains enzymes that help break down sugars and fats and helps deal with constipation, increases the metabolic rate and soothes the stomach.
- Weight loss – The ability of aloe vera to increase the metabolic rate in the body, helps in weight loss and rapid burning of calories. Aloe vera has a high presence of vitamin B, a vitamin that converts fat stored in the body into energy and therefore also helps in weight loss.
- Pain Relief – The aloe vera plant has anti-inflammatory properties that can help relieve pain, especially muscle and tendon pain. In sports medicine, aloe vera gel is often used to soothe sore muscles. Also, in the plant you can find a large amount of antioxidants that contribute to a strong immune system.
Ways to consume aloe vera
There are several ways to consume and use aloe vera, depending on your need and personal preferences:
- Aloe vera gel for application – External use of aloe vera is very effective if you want to treat specific skin problems like burns, bites, pimples or dryness. You can use a cool gel and apply on the affected area for soothing and treatment.
- Aloe vera drink – When you want to treat the body from the inside out, you can drink aloe vera. The natural taste of the aloe vera plant is especially pungent and those who have difficulty with bitterness can cut the aloe vera gel into small cubes and mix with lemon juice. Alternatively, you can find a drink designed for this purpose or mix with a fruit drink. Also, there are aloe vera drinks in the market in different flavors.
- Cream – You can find a variety of creams based or incorporating aloe vera in their ingredients, especially in the worlds of care and beauty. Such creams can function as face and hair masks, provide moisture to the skin and form the basis of makeup.
- Shampoo – Aloe vera-based shampoo can help deal with dandruff as well as with hair loss. Today there is a shampoo on the market with an advanced formula based on pure aloe vera gel that gives a feeling of moisture and softness, you can also use aloe vera shampoo that combines jojoba oil that maintains shine and hair elasticity. Such a shampoo that does not contain sulfates, helps maintain the balance of moisture in the scalp while cleansing and cleansing the scalp and hair, it is effective in daily use and will give the hair a wonderful look over time.
Fresh straight from the field
The largest aloe vera fields in the world are located in Texas and the Dominican Republic, where growers remain true to root-growing practices combined with advanced technologies, while maintaining an accurate and correct balance between tradition and innovation.
Forever Living has owned endless expanses of aloe vera fields for over 40 years, each plant carefully cared for and harvested by hand. The whole company would have streamlined its work and made it more profitable if it had used vending machines to harvest aloe vera leaves quickly, but this advanced shortcut has a real price – it crushes and destroys larger parts of the plant, leading to environmental damage and mediocre quality in a finished product. Because of this, to this day the company adheres to the most traditional and correct methods of growing and harvesting the aloe vera plant.
Source: Maariv.co.il – סגנון-לייף סטייל by www.maariv.co.il.
*The article has been translated based on the content of Maariv.co.il – סגנון-לייף סטייל by www.maariv.co.il. If there is any problem regarding the content, copyright, please leave a report below the article. We will try to process as quickly as possible to protect the rights of the author. Thank you very much!
*We just want readers to access information more quickly and easily with other multilingual content, instead of information only available in a certain language.
*We always respect the copyright of the content of the author and always include the original link of the source article.If the author disagrees, just leave the report below the article, the article will be edited or deleted at the request of the author. Thanks very much! Best regards!