Suara.com – President Joko Widodo has held talks with FIFA President Gianni Infantino regarding the Kanjuruhan tragedy that killed 131 people.
One of the contents of the letter from FIFA as a follow-up to the conversation between Jokowi and Gianni Infantino, Indonesian football is not subject to sanctions by FIFA.
“Based on the letter, thank God, Indonesian football is not sanctioned by FIFA,” said Jokowi in a video broadcast on the Presidential Secretariat’s YouTube, Friday (7/10/2022).
Jokowi said FIFA together with the Indonesian government will shape the transformation of Indonesian football.
Read Also: LIB President Director Becomes Suspect of Kanjuruhan Tragedy, Iwan Bule: I respect the National Police Chief
FIFA will have an office in Indonesia to carry out the process.
The Head of State explained that collaborative steps would be taken between FIFA, the Asian Football Confederation, and the Indonesian government to:
(1) Establish stadium safety standards in all stadiums in Indonesia;
(2) Formulating standard protocols and security procedures carried out by the police based on international security standards;
(3) Conduct socialization and discussion with football clubs in Indonesia, including supporters’ representatives to get suggestions and input as well as joint commitments;
(4) Arranging a match schedule that takes into account the potential risks that exist; as well as
(5) Presenting assistance from experts in their fields.
President Jokowi also mentioned that the FIFA President will visit Indonesia in October or November 2022 to discuss with the government.
Source: Suara.com – Berita Bola, Jadwal, Skor & Liga Eropa by www.suara.com.
*The article has been translated based on the content of Suara.com – Berita Bola, Jadwal, Skor & Liga Eropa by www.suara.com. If there is any problem regarding the content, copyright, please leave a report below the article. We will try to process as quickly as possible to protect the rights of the author. Thank you very much!
*We just want readers to access information more quickly and easily with other multilingual content, instead of information only available in a certain language.
*We always respect the copyright of the content of the author and always include the original link of the source article.If the author disagrees, just leave the report below the article, the article will be edited or deleted at the request of the author. Thanks very much! Best regards!