Apple has pushed the Photos app powerfully in iOS 15 with a host of useful features. Despite the fact that the iPhone photo gallery was overloaded with not the most useful functions, face recognition in photos iOS 15 has improved markedly: pictures get into albums, and people’s cards are almost never duplicated. Even if the algorithms incorrectly identify faces, it can be easily corrected and also removed from unwanted people from photo collections. Today we will tell you about how face recognition works in iPhone photos, how to manage it and search people by photos в iPhone.
What does the “People” album mean in iPhone?
This album is different from a regular photo folder that you create yourself. The Photos application looks at your pictures and recognizes the faces of the people in the pictures, combining them into a separate album. Each person has their own card, which makes it easy to view all the pictures where this person is. It’s much easier than searching your entire library for snapshots.
You can watch the slideshow “Memories” with the music you like best. And the ability to personalize allows you to remove unwanted people from collections. Sometimes algorithms cannot recognize people because of the angle or simply because there are no faces in the photo. What to do?
How to add a photo to the People album
If the picture for some reason was not recognized by the application, you can add to album “People” manually.
- Open the Photos app.
- Select the image you want to add and open it.
- Click the “i” icon, then the small icon with a question mark.
- Enter the person’s name, click Next and Finish.
Sometimes the Photos app does not correctly identify a person, but you can correct the confused names and photos.
- Go to the “People” album, select a person’s profile.
- In the upper right corner of the screen, tap More and select View Confirmed Photos. Uncheck incorrectly identified photos. More photos can be viewed: click View More Photos.
With this option, you will be able to search for people on iPhone.
How to find a person using a photo iPhone
The Photos application allows you to search images by keywords: For example, according to what is shown in the photo. This works not only with finding seasons but also people.
- Open the Photos app, select Albums and click People.
- Click on the person’s image. At the top of the screen, tap under the “Add name” line.
- Enter the person’s name and click Next and Finish. The Photos application can display multiple cards of the same person and offer to combine them, confirming if they belong to that person.
- Now you can search for a person by pictures by going to “Photos” and clicking “Search” at the bottom.
In addition, you can make it so that iPhone recommended photo certain people less often. With restrictions enabled, the app sorts Favorites, Memories, and even a photo widget on the home screen to show the person less often.
- Go to “Photos”, select the “People” album.
- Click on the card of the person you do not want to see.
- Click on the three dots in the upper right corner.
- Select “Show this person less often” or “Remove this person from album.”
Memories on iPhone
Memories can be compiled from photographs by adding music from Apple Music… Here’s how to put together a cool soundtrack slideshow.
- Go to “Photos”, select the “People” album.
- Select the desired person profile. In the corner of the thumbnail, click the play button.
- Tap the music icon at the bottom of the screen. Then press it again.
- Select a track from the suggested ones and click “Finish”.
You can also change the effects when viewing Memories.
- Tap the music icon in the lower left corner.
- Now click the Effects icon in the lower right corner.
- Select the desired effect from the list and click Finish.
I’ve always thought iPhone Photos was overloaded with features. But identifying people in pictures is very convenient. Especially if all this can be customized if errors occur.
Source: AppleInsider.ru — крупнейший сайт о iPhone, iPad, Mac в России by appleinsider.ru.
*The article has been translated based on the content of AppleInsider.ru — крупнейший сайт о iPhone, iPad, Mac в России by appleinsider.ru. If there is any problem regarding the content, copyright, please leave a report below the article. We will try to process as quickly as possible to protect the rights of the author. Thank you very much!
*We just want readers to access information more quickly and easily with other multilingual content, instead of information only available in a certain language.
*We always respect the copyright of the content of the author and always include the original link of the source article.If the author disagrees, just leave the report below the article, the article will be edited or deleted at the request of the author. Thanks very much! Best regards!