Now that it is already possible to take off the masks, and return to smiling, it is recommended to refresh the mouth and breath. Maintaining healthy oral, dental and gum hygiene is also maintaining overall health. We have collected facts and rules for you for a healthy brushing routine and for maintaining white teeth that you were not sure you knew
Rules for a healthy brushing routine
1. It is important to brush your teeth twice a day. An important morning, a more important evening. In the morning, it is better to brush your teeth after breakfast. In the evening, brush your teeth after the last meal so that the bacteria have nothing left to celebrate and develop.
Brushing should take 2 minutes at a time. Do not try to guess when 2 minutes have passed – look at the clock or set a timer. Tip: Walk around the house with the brush while brushing and then the two minutes will not feel like eternity.
3. In addition to brushing, dental floss is an essential part of the oral hygiene treatment routine. However, there are people who do not like its use. It is important to know that there are similar tools for maintaining dental health. Consult a dental hygienist or dentist and try their recommendations until you come to a solution that suits you.
4. Visit to the dentist / dental hygienist every six months – It is important to see dentists and dental hygienists even when there is no special problem or pain. Thus, if a problem is discovered in the oral cavity, it can be treated before it develops into a large and complex problem. A visit to a medic is especially important for the permanent removal of tartar, which is difficult to remove by home means. Recently, technology based on the use of a radio frequency for brushing teeth has entered the field of dental health. This method provides a solution for the treatment of preventing the formation and reduction of tartar, in parallel with the treatment of the dental hygienists.
5. Bleeding is not a good sign. Apply moderate pressure, and do not try to scrub. Use a soft-toothed toothbrush, and remember that shiny pots are one thing, shiny teeth are another. Bleeding indicates gingivitis, tenderness or swelling – which requires a checkup at the dentist. The reasons for the development of gingivitis are many: lack of hygiene, hormonal changes, genetics, smoking, stress and various diseases. However, gingivitis is a reversible condition.
Teeth whitening methods
Over the years the tooth becomes more and more yellow. The outer layer of the tooth, the vitreous / enamel, wears away and the yellow color of the inner layer, the ivory / dentin, becomes more noticeable. In addition, there are various factors that stain the teeth and affect their white hue, penetrating through the various cracks to the inner dentin layer and thus affecting the color of the tooth. In teeth whitening we oxidize the pigments in the dentin layer. The brighteners penetrate through the cracks in the enamel and cause the color molecules to break down and change color to a lighter shade.
Home whitening toothpastes
Many companies offer ointments and even mouthwashes that offer to whiten teeth, some can be effective and satisfying. Studies have found that toothpaste containing baking soda may be more effective at removing stains than those without baking soda, but this does not change the color of the tooth. However, using regular baking soda for brushing may be too abrasive for the enamel layer, so it is important to use dedicated products. Please note: Those who suffer from cold tooth sensitivity are advised not to use these ointments.
Clarification treatments at the dentist
Clarification treatments in dental clinics are done in two tracks: one-time treatment in a clinic or home treatment. In the treatment of the clinic, an oxidant is used on the tooth and it is irradiated using a powerful energy source such as a UV lamp, or a plasma laser or xenon. A second option, and recommended, is home treatment that is performed after a comprehensive examination and questioning by the dentist. This, using an oxidizing agent that must be applied to a custom brace, and put in the mouth for several hours. To achieve results, use a brace for at least two weeks. At the end of the process the color of the tooth will be clarified in 2 shades. Maintaining the clarification result is the full responsibility of the patient. On average, it is necessary to repeat the clarification every 3 years, when the repeat clarification round will be shorter.
What can be done to naturally preserve the color of the tooth?
1. More water, and less than other beverages
Reduce beverages that can stain your teeth such as coffee, tea, cola, and beverages that contain food coloring so you can reduce tooth coloring. Be sure to drink plenty of water, it is healthy not only for teeth. In general, a healthy diet and reducing sugar intake keep the teeth.
2. Avoid smoking and alcohol
Beyond the health harms of cigarette smoking, smoking is a direct and immediate cause of bad breath, and heavy smoking even affects tooth color. In addition to the external staining from nicotine and tar, in the enamel layer that protects the tooth there are cracks through which the existing staining materials from smoking penetrate and they cause changes in the color of the teeth and stains.
3. Hygienic routine
A proper hygienic routine that includes routine visits to a dentist twice a year, and thorough brushing twice a day for two minutes, in a circular motion while maintaining all the dental areas in the oral cavity. When brushing, care must be taken that it is not aggressive and will not cause the vitreous / enamel of the tooth to erode on its own. If you use mouthwash, make sure they do not stain your teeth. All of these will help in removing the external stain on the tooth.
Assisted in the preparation of the article: Dr. Yaniv Mayer, a specialist in periodontal disease and former chairman of the Israeli Dental Association and Dr. Shelly Modai, Medical Director of the Northern Region at the Clalit Smile Dental Clinic
Source: Maariv.co.il – סגנון-לייף סטייל by www.maariv.co.il.
*The article has been translated based on the content of Maariv.co.il – סגנון-לייף סטייל by www.maariv.co.il. If there is any problem regarding the content, copyright, please leave a report below the article. We will try to process as quickly as possible to protect the rights of the author. Thank you very much!
*We just want readers to access information more quickly and easily with other multilingual content, instead of information only available in a certain language.
*We always respect the copyright of the content of the author and always include the original link of the source article.If the author disagrees, just leave the report below the article, the article will be edited or deleted at the request of the author. Thanks very much! Best regards!