Interesting facts before the second leg of the Champions League semi-final:
Inter Milan – AC Milan
Kick-off: Tuesday, May 16, 9:00 p.m.
First match: 2-0.
Referees: Turpin – Danos, Pages – Brisard (video, all Fr.).
Record (in UEFA competitions): 5 1-2-2 3:4.
Inter: Onana – Darmian, Acerbi, Bastoni – Dumfries, Barella, Calhanoglu, Mchitarjan, Dimarco – Martínez, Džeko.
AC: Maignan – Calabria, Kjaer, Tomori, Hernandez – Tonali, Krunič – Saelemaekers, Diaz, Leao – Giroud.
Absence: Škriniar (injury), Dalbert (injury + not on the roster), Correa (uncertain start) – Ibrahimovic (injury + not on the roster), Binnásir, Florenzi, Krunič, Leao, Messias (all uncertain start).
Top scorers in the competition: Džeko (4) – Giroud (5).
– Inter have only won the last of 5 head-to-head matches in UEFA competitions
– AC eliminated Inter in the semi-finals of the Champions League in the 2002/03 season and in the quarter-finals in the 2004/05 season
– the teams have met in 220 competitive matches so far, Inter have lost only one of the last 6 duels with AC and won 4 of the last 5
– Inter have won all 3 head-to-head matches this year, beating AC 3-0 in the Italian Super Cup in January and then 1-0 in the league
– AC lost only their second of 12 matches against Italian opposition in UEFA competitions last week
– this is the 31st match between clubs from the same country in the knockout stages of the Champions League and the 17th double match between Italian teams in UEFA competitions
– AC was knocked out by another Italian club Napoli in the quarter-finals, Inter moved past Benfica Lisbon
– Inter can advance to the final of the Champions League (including the former PMEZ) for the sixth time in history and the first time since 2010, when they became the last Italian club to win the competition
– AC can play in the final for the twelfth time and for the first time since 2007, when they dominated the competition for the seventh time
– Inter has 3 triumphs in the Champions League (including the former PMEZ), AC is the second most successful club after Real Madrid with 7 championships
– Inter have progressed in 5 out of 6 UEFA competition double-headers, in which they won 2-0 away in the opener, only failing in the 1988/89 season with Bayern Munich
– AC have lost all 3 double legs in UEFA competitions, in which they suffered a 0-2 defeat at home in the opening
– Inter is third in the Italian league, AC fifth
– Inter beat Sassuolo 4:2 in the general game, AC lost 0:2 at the Spezia stadium
– Inter have lost only one of their last 12 matches and have won 7 times in a row
– Inter have not conceded in 4 out of 5 matches in the knockout stages of this season’s Champions League
– Inter defeated Pilsen twice in the group
– AC won only one of the last 5 competitive matches and lost 2 times in a row (no goals scored)
– both teams play their home games at the San Siro stadium
– coach AC Pioli led Inter in the 2016/17 season
– Bellanova (Inter) will celebrate his 23rd birthday the day after the match
– the winner will face the better of the pair Real Madrid – Manchester City in the final
Source: České noviny – sport by www.ceskenoviny.cz.
*The article has been translated based on the content of České noviny – sport by www.ceskenoviny.cz. If there is any problem regarding the content, copyright, please leave a report below the article. We will try to process as quickly as possible to protect the rights of the author. Thank you very much!
*We just want readers to access information more quickly and easily with other multilingual content, instead of information only available in a certain language.
*We always respect the copyright of the content of the author and always include the original link of the source article.If the author disagrees, just leave the report below the article, the article will be edited or deleted at the request of the author. Thanks very much! Best regards!