A millionaire and a candidate for mayor share a million-dollar fuel

21.04.2022. / 9:30

CHICAGO – Millionaire, businessman and candidate for the mayor of Chicago, Willy Wilson, announced plans for the third gift of fuel to the citizens.

PHOTO: Agencies

We believe that we should be responsible to our neighbors, we who can afford it“Wilson said, addressing the press.

The distribution of the million-dollar fuel is planned for Saturday, April 23, at locations throughout Cook County, which have yet to be announced.

It will be the third time Wilson has shared fuel in the last few weeks. He did so twice in March, including fuel worth a million dollars, at about 50 stations in and around the city.

The announcement of this action comes at a time when Mayor Lori Lightfoot is changing her own plan for a “givaway” of petrol and Ventra cards, while she is trying to “neutralize” the opposition and pave the way for the approval of the City Council.

Her latest proposal would, among other things, reserve 75 percent of the $ 12.5 million “gas lottery” for the southern and western districts, which are otherwise defined as areas with “great mobility difficulties.” The remaining 25 percent of gas cards would be distributed across the city, NBC reports.

He wants to use the same formula to distribute Ventra cards in the amount of $ 50.

Some called her proposal a “political stunt” intended to gain an advantage over Wilson. B92


Source: Capital.ba – Informacija je capital by www.capital.ba.

*The article has been translated based on the content of Capital.ba – Informacija je capital by www.capital.ba. If there is any problem regarding the content, copyright, please leave a report below the article. We will try to process as quickly as possible to protect the rights of the author. Thank you very much!

*We just want readers to access information more quickly and easily with other multilingual content, instead of information only available in a certain language.

*We always respect the copyright of the content of the author and always include the original link of the source article.If the author disagrees, just leave the report below the article, the article will be edited or deleted at the request of the author. Thanks very much! Best regards!