Initially used only in industrial and technical environments, i resin floors, with their pros and cons, they have now conquered domestic spaces for several years. Undoubtedly thanks to theirs aesthetic rendering, no longer linked to the industrial style and perfectly in harmony even in the most refined contexts. But above all, the success is due to their resistance to wear and practicality of maintenance, to which is added the possibility of applying them over pre-existing finishes (terracotta, ceramic or stoneware tiles, parquet, but not on the glass on which they do not grip) as long as they are well anchored to the screed.
This type of flooring is therefore the perfect solution in case of low impact renovation (not very low, for that there is PVC): it allows you to avoid the inconvenience and costs of demolitions and, thanks to the thickness of just 4-5 millimeters, it never makes it necessary to readjust doors and frames.
Resin floors, advantages
- I costs for a resin floor are more content compared to those for other types of finishes such as marble, parquet, grits
- The material is always available with reduced delivery times. In case of restructuring, proceed quickly and economically, covering the existing floor and avoiding demolition and disposal of rubble.
- If installed in a workmanlike manner, the resin is a lot wear resistant.
- Resin floors allow for endless possibilities customization choosing finishes and colors.
- There are no escapes: The visual effect widens the space and cleaning is easy.
Resin floors, disadvantages
- Accidental falling of objects and continuous trampling can cause gods superficial scratches.
- A installation not performed perfectly it could lead to the onset of cracks and even small breaks in some places. These could compromise the waterproofing of the surface.
- The appearance of the resin may change over the years. If a non-UV resistant product is installed it could turn in color where the sun shines.
The importance of a perfect pose
The material is laid in three steps by specialized technicians: for an optimal result it is better to avoid do-it-yourself as small cracks or unevennesses would make the surface uneven and much less durable. The first layer is one epoxy resin very pressure resistant, the second is a primer which creates a uniform plane, the third is one polyurethane resin which defines the color and appearance of the whole. Lastly, a protective film.
Resin floors they have no escapes and for this reason they are particularly hygienic. They also allow you to create continuity between the ground and the walls, for a very contemporary “box effect”.
Because it is ideal in the bathroom
The resinous compound is not only very long-lasting, but it is also completely waterproof: it does not fear water or other liquids because it cannot absorb them in any way. This feature makes the resin floors also perfect for the bathroom and shower tray. To clean them, simply remove the dust and solid residues with a broom or vacuum cleaner and then wash with water and a non-acidic and not too aggressive detergent, using a soft cloth.
Colored resins and finishes
One of the most appreciated pluses of resin floors is the infinite possibility of customization. First of all they can be smooth or spatulated, but also rough, satin, glossy or opaque. The nuances to choose from are practically endless, and include neutral tones of beige, white and earths up to the brightest hues. For those who love to dare, it is possible to transform a resin floor into a real decorative element because under the last layer various types of objects can be inserted, such as leaves, stones or wood, but also glitter for those who want the house to shine. of its own light.
PVC floors: 10 things to know before choosing them
Modern bathroom coverings to make a difference with style
Microcement: pros and cons
Living © RESERVED REPRODUCTION
Source: Living by living.corriere.it.
*The article has been translated based on the content of Living by living.corriere.it. If there is any problem regarding the content, copyright, please leave a report below the article. We will try to process as quickly as possible to protect the rights of the author. Thank you very much!
*We just want readers to access information more quickly and easily with other multilingual content, instead of information only available in a certain language.
*We always respect the copyright of the content of the author and always include the original link of the source article.If the author disagrees, just leave the report below the article, the article will be edited or deleted at the request of the author. Thanks very much! Best regards!