7 reasons why Wizz Air is the greenest choice for air travel
Wizz Air has reaffirmed its leadership in the sector as the ‘greenest’ choice of air travel by launching a sustainability campaign – “Wizz Air – fly the ‘greenest'”.
As part of the airline’s sustainability campaign to raise awareness of its position as the ‘greenest’ choice of air travel, Wizz Air CEO Jozef Varadi wrote an open letter to clients outlining seven reasons why Wizz Air is the ‘greenest’ choice of air travel. and advises them to make the right decision when they intend to fly.
Wizz Air is the airline with the highest growth rate in Europe and strives to serve more and more passengers every day in the most sustainable way. If you plan to travel, here are seven reasons why Wizz Air is your ‘greenest’ choice:
- the traveler traveling Wizz Air on average realizes a carbon footprint of only 57.2 grams per passenger per kilometer traveled (before kovida). If every airline were as efficient as Wizz Air, European CO₂ emissions from aviation would go up overnight reduced by 34%.
- Wizz Air does not fly half-empty planes to avoid unnecessary pollution.
- Wizz Air there are no business class seats, which are another example of unnecessary shows.
- This airline flies only on direct lines. One takeoff, one landing, no connected flights, no additional fuel combustion.
- Wizz Air has the youngest, most modern fleet among competing European airlines with over 50 aircraft.
- This airline uses world-class engines and aircraft which are key to low emissions.
- There are no Wizz Air lines a direct alternative to traveling by train in less than four hours.
Wizz Air is proud to have the lowest CO₂ emissions per passenger per kilometer in Europe and is committed to further reducing its CO₂ emissions by 25% by 2030 compared to 2019 levels.
Wiz Air has one of the youngest fleets in the world, currently consisting of 149 Airbus A320 / 1 / neo aircraft, with an average age of 5 years – well below the sector average (around 10 years). The average age of this airline’s aircraft will continue to decrease to 3.6 years until 2024, and then to 3.2 years until 2026, which further confirms the continuing commitment to the sustainability of this airline.
“Wizz Air is an ambitious airline with a strategy aimed at growing the company to 500 aircraft in the next decade based on affordable travel for all. “This campaign shows how growth and sustainability can be achieved together and advises passengers to consider today’s facts and technology instead of empty promises about the future when they intend to fly.” said Jožef Váradi, CEO of Wizz Air.
“The decarbonisation of air travel can only be achieved through initiatives across the sector, and we therefore welcome the ambition of Wizz Air.” she said Julie Keecher, Executive Vice President, Corporate Affairs and Communications, Airbus. Wizz Air has ordered a total of close to 500 Airbus aircraft and has a fleet of over 140, which only confirms its determination to fly the latest and most efficient aircraft. Working together with airlines such as Wizz Air, combined with new technologies in the near future, shows that our sector is making concrete progress towards sustainable air travel. ”
For more information on the Wizz Air Sustainability Campaign, visit: www.wizzair.com/en-gb/greenest
Photo: Wizz Air
Source: BIZlife by bizlife.rs.
*The article has been translated based on the content of BIZlife by bizlife.rs. If there is any problem regarding the content, copyright, please leave a report below the article. We will try to process as quickly as possible to protect the rights of the author. Thank you very much!
*We just want readers to access information more quickly and easily with other multilingual content, instead of information only available in a certain language.
*We always respect the copyright of the content of the author and always include the original link of the source article.If the author disagrees, just leave the report below the article, the article will be edited or deleted at the request of the author. Thanks very much! Best regards!