June 24 company Microsoft held an online presentation where she showed the new operating system Windows 11.
An unofficial OS assembly has been available online for several weeks now, anyone could install and test it a few days before the announcement.
To this topic: 60 new features of macOS 12 Monterey
The presentation came out slightly prolonged, but quite interesting. We have analyzed it in detail and are ready to tell you about all the important innovations in Windows 11.
1. The system interface and themes have changed. Most of the icons of standard programs and window controls have been redrawn.
New system icons
2. All elements of the system received transparency, most actions are accompanied by new animation, and when windows are overlaid, an updated system of object lighting works.
Many elements got rounded outlines, even the windows in the system became more rounded rather than rectangular.
Updated system settings menu
3. Changed the design of the settings menu. The items have been rearranged in a new way, and the application itself looks better and neater with them than in the latest versions of Windows 10.
Compact side menu with system switches
4. The side panel with system switches has been separated from the notification center and made more compact.
5. Button to open the menu Start Now located in the center of the screen and is more like Launchpad from macOS.
6. Start menu redesigned… It is now divided into two parts: the upper block contains the pinned application icons, and the lower one contains frequently used files and documents.
7. Separate section Recommended will select the necessary programs and documents depending on the user’s employment and preferences.
8. Universal Desktop Search lets you search for content on your computer, external drives, or the network.
9. A new multi-window mode has appeared. When you try to maximize the window to full screen, an additional меню Snap Layouts, it offers several options for the location of programs on the screen.
10. When you expand one application to a part of the screen through a new menu, you are prompted to select a second, third or fourth application to completely fill the display.
Меню Snap Groups
11. The convenient arrangement of multiple windows on the screen can be saved in Snap Groups and then quickly apply to open windows.
12. If you hover the cursor over the icon of a running application in the taskbar, all available windows in the mode will be displayed. Snap Groups for a quick transition to such an arrangement.
13. The position of the windows on the connected monitor will be preserved. The next time you connect to the screen, the windows will be restored to their previous position.
14. Now you can create an unlimited number of desktops for work, study, games, etc. Each such table can have a separate design, wallpaper and set of icons. Switching between desktops occurs through a separate menu or using hot keys.
New view of the multitasking panel
15. The multitasking menu has been updated. Now you can quickly switch not only between applications, but also between desktops. In this case, for each program, you can display all open windows and go to the desired one.
16. A certain an analogue of Continuity from the Apple ecosystem, you can start working on the document on your smartphone and then continue on your computer. The set of supported operating systems and applications has not yet been announced.
17. The application has an improved engine, it will launch faster and load content several times better than its predecessor.
18. The new Edge browser, according to the creators, has become the most protected and safest for surfing the net. What exactly this is expressed was not specified at the presentation.
19. Have an opportunity arrange tabs vertically in the side menu. It will be convenient on widescreen monitors.
20. A special icon for opening a panel with widgets has appeared in the “taskbar”. The new panel opens on the left side of the screen and takes up about one half of the screen.
21. The widget panel is divided into two parts: one contains information panels, which are included by the user himself, and the second contains widgets recommended by the system.
22. The window with widgets can be expanded to full screen, the widgets themselves can be swapped or resized.
23. There is a search in the library of widgets and the ability to add widgets from third-party developers.
Working in tablet mode
24. Elements of the operating system are further optimized for tablet and finger control.
25. Added multi-finger gestures to switch between programs and run some system chips.
26. Windows 11 has improved stylus support and added visual feedback when interacting with interface elements.
27. Some gadgets that are equipped with a vibration motor will provide a tactile response when working with a stylus, selecting text or clicking on icons.
28. When working with a touchscreen display, added compact virtual keyboard in style iPadS with support for swipes.
29. Added improved user voice recognition engine and voice input instead of typing on the keyboard.
30. At the system level, voice commands have been added without calling a special assistant for basic actions like copying, pasting, selecting or deleting. So far, nothing has been specified about the support for different languages by this chip.
31. Microsoft Store apps got lighter updated design without overloaded menus and unnecessary elements.
32. Added new section with recommendations… In one menu, the user will receive a recommended selection of programs, games, films, TV series and music.
33. Developers were able to customize and customize the page of their programs in the store, add items for in-app purchases and subscriptions.
34. Microsoft Store has applications from Adobe… There are both one-time payment utilities and subscription programs available.
35. App developer fees in the Microsoft Store will not be charged, Unlike App Store and Mac App Store.
Changes for gamers
36. Added Auto HDR modewhich automatically enhances the picture in supported games. The chip was moved from Xbox Series X and Sand requires an HDR-capable display.
37. Service Xbox Game Pass integrated directly into the operating system as a separate application. A game store and a huge database of subscription applications are available.
38. Will be added xCloud service support for cloud streaming of games on old hardware. You can play on almost any computer that can run the OS.
39. Game developers will have access to Direct Storage API… After optimization and minor tweaks, applications will become more performant and faster loading times.
40. Windows 11 introduces the ability run Android apps… Programs and games will open in windowed mode and run in the native resolution of a smartphone or tablet.
41. OS updates now weigh 40% less and can happen in the background, and not when shutting down or turning on the computer, as it was before.
42. The operating system supports 32-bit applications, but Windows 11 can only run on 64-bit processors.
New cross-platform messenger Microsoft Teams
43. Service for messaging and video conferencing Microsoft Teams tightly integrated into the operating system. It allows you to quickly share documents and files from most standard applications. The service supports group calls and file sharing.
It seems that Microsoft has finally buried Skype and focused on developing an analogue of iMessage and FaceTime. They promise to make the new application cross-platform, the availability of a web version has not yet been announced.
44. The developers added a certain AirPlay analog to display the picture from the computer screen to the TV. However, the supported platforms and device requirements have not yet been announced.
45. The operating system is being developed in close collaboration with Intel and AMDto ensure that the software is well optimized for the hardware released by the partners.
System requirements and availability
To install Windows 11, your computer must meet these minimum requirements:
► CPU: Compatible 2-core 64-bit processor with a frequency of at least 1 GHz;
► RAM: at least 4 GB of RAM;
► Storage device: for installation and normal functioning of the system, you need at least 64 GB;
► Graphics: integrated or discrete card with support for DirectX 12 / WDDM 2.x;
► Display: minimum 9-inch matrix with a resolution of 1366 × 768 pixels.
For all owners of licensed Windows 10, the upgrade to Windows 11 will be free and will be available for download this fall.
You can check the compatibility of your computer with Windows 11 in advance.
Source: iPhones.ru — Новости высоких технологий, обзоры смартфонов, презентации Apple by www.iphones.ru.
*The article has been translated based on the content of iPhones.ru — Новости высоких технологий, обзоры смартфонов, презентации Apple by www.iphones.ru. If there is any problem regarding the content, copyright, please leave a report below the article. We will try to process as quickly as possible to protect the rights of the author. Thank you very much!
*We just want readers to access information more quickly and easily with other multilingual content, instead of information only available in a certain language.
*We always respect the copyright of the content of the author and always include the original link of the source article.If the author disagrees, just leave the report below the article, the article will be edited or deleted at the request of the author. Thanks very much! Best regards!