Photo: Daily Rights
In Faridpur, 21 people, including 6 members of the same family, fell ill and were admitted to hospital.
The incident took place at around 3pm on Sunday (January 18) at Siraj Matubbar’s house in Barabhagia village of Krishnanagar union in Sadar upazila.
The 21 sick people have been admitted to Faridpur Medical College Hospital in an unconscious state. Among the sick are Siraj Matubbar, the owner of the house, and six members of his family, including women and children.
Locals said khichuri was cooked with farm poultry chicken at Siraj Matubbar’s house this afternoon. This khichuri is also eaten by 6 members of Siraj Matubbar’s family and 9 workers who came to his house to plant onions. Within an hour of eating this khichuri at noon, everyone got sick one by one.
Director of Faridpur Medical College Hospital Saifur Rahman said 21 people were admitted to the hospital due to food poisoning. They are undergoing treatment.
Faridpur Sadar Circle Assistant Superintendent of Police Musan Ranjan Sarkar said a police team was sent to the spot to investigate the matter. Police are also collecting information on the matter after reaching the hospital.
Source: ODHIKAR by www.odhikar.news.
*The article has been translated based on the content of ODHIKAR by www.odhikar.news. If there is any problem regarding the content, copyright, please leave a report below the article. We will try to process as quickly as possible to protect the rights of the author. Thank you very much!
*We just want readers to access information more quickly and easily with other multilingual content, instead of information only available in a certain language.
*We always respect the copyright of the content of the author and always include the original link of the source article.If the author disagrees, just leave the report below the article, the article will be edited or deleted at the request of the author. Thanks very much! Best regards!