100 doctors separated Siamese boys who had joined brains, after 7 surgeries

Extremely pleasant news arrives from Brazil concerning the Siamese boys which after many operations and hours managed to separate them.

It took seven surgeries to separate the Siamese boys

Bernardo and Arthur Lima who are almost 4 years old underwent at least 7 surgeries in Rio de Janeiro. The last two operations lasted 33 hours so doctors could separate the boys who were born together in the area of ​​their brains.

Siamese boys

They are called fraternal twins and their occurrence is extremely rare. It took more than 100 doctors and nurses to separate them. “I always believed, I always had high hopes, but I never had the certainty. The certainty that I will be able to separate them because it was very difficult. But I had hope and faith. And I learned a phrase that when you have 1% chance you have to have 99% faith» said neurosurgeon Gabriel Mofaretz.

The surgeons they spent months practicing various techniques in virtual reality conditions before beginning this delicate process. Given that the Siamese boys are almost 4 years old they are the oldest conjoined brain split brains.

Siamese boys

“We just finished the operation to separate the twins. The surgery went very well, we had a flawless, perfect team with Dr. Mofaretz and everything went really well” said surgeon Owase Jilani.


Source: διαφορετικό by www.diaforetiko.gr.

*The article has been translated based on the content of διαφορετικό by www.diaforetiko.gr. If there is any problem regarding the content, copyright, please leave a report below the article. We will try to process as quickly as possible to protect the rights of the author. Thank you very much!

*We just want readers to access information more quickly and easily with other multilingual content, instead of information only available in a certain language.

*We always respect the copyright of the content of the author and always include the original link of the source article.If the author disagrees, just leave the report below the article, the article will be edited or deleted at the request of the author. Thanks very much! Best regards!