Take advantage of the smoother and more convenient user experience that Photos gives you!
With every iOS update, Apple shines with Useful features to continue taking advantage of the Photos app. But especially with iOS 16, it brought several tools that make it possible for us to Get rid of third-party apps to make touch-ups, editing and even to better manage the space in iCloud.
Thus, we will share a list of the ones that have surprised us the most and that definitely allow us to save a lot of timethanks to the ease of solve everything in one place.
The best tricks of the Photos app on iOS
Find pictures with words
In the Photos app, we have amazing tools to make it easy for you to find what you need. If you’re looking for dog photos, for example, just type “dog” in the search bar. and all related photos will be displayed. But that’s not all, you can also search for the text that appears on the photos.
Remove background from images.
The latest updates to iOS 16 and iPadOS 16 brought a truly awesome feature to the Photos app: the ability to isolate subjects from the background. Swapping the need to download a third-party app for a few taps in the Photos app and in case you didn’t know it also works with videos.
To get this result, just Open the image in the Photos app and hold down on the part that we want to separate from the background. When the effect runs we can see a kind of gray flash and then the “Paste or share” options at the top of the image.
Edit photos and videos in batches
Photos has a handy feature called “copy” that allows you to transfer edits from one photo or video to another. This means that you only have to edit once and then apply those editsin this case generally with presets created in triplet apps, to a lot of other photos and videossaving time and resources.
Turn off sound for Live Photos
Live Photos are a kind of GIF that allows iPhone and iPad users to send and receive images that they film 1.5 seconds before and 1.5 seconds after the camera click, including audio. But when it is not there is also an option to solve it.
Deactivate the sound of Live Photos, it is very simple and you just have to follow the following steps:
- Open a Live Photo and select “Edit.”
- Look for the Live Photo options and press on and deactivate the audio.
Delete duplicate photos and videos
Say goodbye to wasting iCloud storage. The Photos app has a very useful feature that automatically detects duplicate photos and videos, allowing you to remove them. This feature helps you optimize space on your device and keep your memories in order. For it:
- Go to Albums, then tap Duplicates under Utilities. Duplicate photos and videos appear together.
- Tap Merge to merge the duplicates. Next, tap “Merge Items”.
Remove location from photos
The application Photos provides EXIF data with information about the device from which the photo was taken, the date and, if you haven’t turned location off, even the place where the photo was taken.
However, it also allows remove location from data list to protect your privacy and have greater control over the information you share.
To delete this information, simply follow the steps below:
- Open the “Photos” app on your iPhone or iPad and select the photo from which you want to remove location details.
- Press the “i” icon with a circle around it or swipe up on the photo to view its information.
- Below the photo information, you’ll see the location on the site map where the photo was taken. From there, tap on “Adjust” in the bottom right corner.
- When a new window appears, select “No location”.
Identify objects in photos
If you’ve captured a photo of a strange plant and are looking for its identification, the Photos app can help, thanks to its object recognition feature. This allows identify plants, animals, art, and landmarks.
- Look for the shiny icon located at the top of the “Info” button when viewing a photo in the app.
- When selected, the application will perform an analysis and provide you with information about the object in question.
Scan text from photos
This function allows you extract and copy text from photos very conveniently. To do it, you only need:
- Open a photo that contains text.
- Hit the scan icon in the bottom corner and you will see how all the text present in the image is highlighted.
- Once selected you can copy it and perform different actions, such as search for it, translate it or share it.
See applications that access our photos
Hay Lots of apps requesting access to photos on your iPhone and it’s normal to forget about it. But to refresh our memory, we can go to the privacy settings of the iPhone.
- open the “Setting” on your iPhone.
- Toca “Privacy” and scroll down the list and tap “Photos”.
- In “Photos”, you’ll see a list of installed apps that have requested access to your photos. Next to each one there is a status that shows one of three options that can be changed according to our preferences.
Taking advantage of the tricks and features of the iPhone Photos app allows you to maximize the potential of your photossave time, improve your experience and protect your privacy, providing control and satisfaction when interacting with your library.
Source: iPadizate by ipadizate.com.
*The article has been translated based on the content of iPadizate by ipadizate.com. If there is any problem regarding the content, copyright, please leave a report below the article. We will try to process as quickly as possible to protect the rights of the author. Thank you very much!
*We just want readers to access information more quickly and easily with other multilingual content, instead of information only available in a certain language.
*We always respect the copyright of the content of the author and always include the original link of the source article.If the author disagrees, just leave the report below the article, the article will be edited or deleted at the request of the author. Thanks very much! Best regards!