Come on, let’s see how Thursday goes. Hello.
where does the day go
Abortion, parents and the rule
The news from the United States, where the Supreme Court threatens to completely reverse the right to abortion regulated in 1973, has reminded us that in Spain the Constitutional Court could overturn the current abortion law at any time, that of 2010, appealed by the P.P. In this context, the Ministry of Equality wants to pass a new law now that, among other things, would deactivate the appeal before the Constitutional Court because, of course, a law that would no longer be the one in force would be appealed. Trick that would also force the very liberal and moderate Feijóo to decide if he is also going to appeal. Vox will, of course.
But let’s go to the content, which is actually the important thing. The new law gives back to adolescents aged 16 and 17 the right to interrupt their pregnancy no need for parental authorization.
It should always be made clear that this measure, which is in force in most of Europeit was already in force with Zapatero and now it would return, it does not intend to encourage minors to abort without telling their parents: what it is about is preventing parents (because of their ideology, because of their religion, because of their “honor”…) from forcing their daughters to continue with unwanted pregnancies at that time in their lives.
- down by the rule. The same norm plans to allow sick leave of three days for people with especially painful periods. Details are yet to be known.
Pedro Sanchez has been more specific than Margarita Robles when answering in Congress about the reasons for the dismissal of the director of the CNI. “It is evident that there has been a failure in the security of the communications of the Government of Spain.” She is therefore referring to the hacking of her telephone and her ministers, with the shadow of Morocco becoming more and more evident, and not to the espionage of the CNI on the independentistas. We know that everything has to do with everything, but the president does not want to expose the most vulnerable flank to criticism. The atmosphere is rough and we had to see already an anti -feminist mitin of Macarena Olona that Irene Montero has responded with a poem against “shitty fascists”.
today on the podcast, we are talking about Margarita Robles. A peculiar minister, who was always loyal to Pedro Sánchez but who does not have much support either on the left or in her own party. Today we wonder how she resists her.
don’t miss it
- Through Andalusia. The candidacy of the Andalusian confluence has been presented between apologies and smiles, with everyone who had to be, and promising to leave the bad vibes behind. Inside the doors, the legal mess jeopardize funding of your campaign.
- Viktor Orbán he is willing to remain the troll of the European consensus, also in relation to the war. Hungary asks for money in exchange for accepting the cut of Russian gas promoted from Brussels. It’s not that it doesn’t make sense, that he does, but there are already a few winks at Putin to think that it’s just an economic motivation.
- Israel, marked. A well-known Al Jazeera journalist has been murdered in the West Bank. Several witnesses and the international television network itself accuse Israeli snipers. Our colleague Olga Rodríguez writes about her: she was called Shireen Abu Akleh.
- blessed rodents. An experiment with mice has managed to improve the memory of old mice using cerebrospinal fluid from younger ones. And why is this important? In one word: Alzheimer’s.
- Pinochet In 1973, he confiscated a Chilean newspaper called El Clarín. The owners were Spanish, they were expelled from the company, which is still in the hands of the military. A Spanish judge has just sentenced the State of Chile to compensate the expropriated with 520 million euros. here the full story.
things i didn’t know
- He did not know what 74 minutes of music could fit on an audio CD because it is the length of the longest known recording of Beethoven’s 9th Symphony. Well, or that’s the romantic version of Phillips and Sony, which actually they also had other reasons of competition and logistics to make them like this, for example, that they had a diameter similar to the diagonal of a cassette tape to be able to transport them together. In fact, from 1984 to 1997, they lasted a maximum of 72 minutes. Thanks to a reader, Amadeu, for putting me on the track.
- He did not know what male pregnancy it’s not the only one seahorse evolutionary ‘oddity’. It is considered a fish, but it does not have teeth but sucks food through its trunk; it is a vertebrate, but there is no trace of pelvic fins, the equivalents of our legs; They hardly have a sense of smell but use their eyes, which each move on their own.
- He did not know that the longest word that appears in the RAE Dictionary is electroencefalografista. It has 23 letters. It is therefore not the mythical sternocleidomastoid, which has 22. Then there are terms in medical theory such as Pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis which are actually coined just to make up a long word.
Come on, tomorrow we read each other again.
about this blog
‘Al día’ and ‘Un tema al día’ are the elDiario.es newsletter and podcast to keep you informed with the latest news every morning. With Juanlu Sánchez, deputy director of eldiario.es, and the contributions of the entire newsroom.
Subscribe to stay up to date.
Source: ElDiario.es – ElDiario.es by www.eldiario.es.
*The article has been translated based on the content of ElDiario.es – ElDiario.es by www.eldiario.es. If there is any problem regarding the content, copyright, please leave a report below the article. We will try to process as quickly as possible to protect the rights of the author. Thank you very much!
*We just want readers to access information more quickly and easily with other multilingual content, instead of information only available in a certain language.
*We always respect the copyright of the content of the author and always include the original link of the source article.If the author disagrees, just leave the report below the article, the article will be edited or deleted at the request of the author. Thanks very much! Best regards!